2yo maiden winner The Factor outruns the Malibu field

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Check this out:

2yo maiden winner The Factor set fractions of 21.62, 44.11, 55.42, and 106.98 earlier on the card.

Grade 1 Malibu pacesetters Alcindor/Smiling Tiger went in 22.72, 44.69, and 107.58 thru six furlongs. Obviously, they had to keep a bit more in reserve due to the additional furlong of the Malibu, but it's still insanely impressive for a young maiden winner to set faster fractions than those set in the Malibu.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    was he highly regarded...price tag?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Gave this one out yesterday on my private service and Baffert told us if he didn't win this race with a clean break he would give up training. Was shocked he lost first time out, but the Jock took a big hold out of the gate.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I gave him out yesterday also. It looked like he was taken back fro between horses in the debut, then got swarmed from all sides and was never able to extend his stride at all. He finally swung out from behind horses around midstretch (after he had already lost all chance), and i was impressed with how he blw past the horses around him in the matter of a few strides. It was pretty obvious from that couple of moments that he had plenty left in the tank, and just never got to show his best stuff. I thought with the outside draw yesterday and a clear path down the backstretch, he would probably be tough to beat.

Regarding his pricetag Ray, he brought $250,000 at the May Barrett's sale (not bad considering his sire's stud fee is only $10,000).