Tues Sunland 10th $100k Futurity

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
This race just jumps out on a Tuesday at Sunland Park. $100,000.00 purse for 2yo going 6 1/2 furlongs. A ton of early speed but only a few with the class to carry it for 6 1/2.

#3 Lion Hall, 6-1, two for two at Remington. Runaway speed at 6f. Young colt out of Lion Heart and a Arch mare should handle 6 1/2. Can't imagine getting 6-1 as this one looks like a standout and is definately the one to catch late.
#4 It's My Party, 8-1, Terrible works in the morning, stellar races in the afternoon. Has enough tactical speed and class to make him a major contender. A real bargain at 8-1.
#10 City Cool, 5/2, Asmussen ships this speedy colt over from his first string at Santa Anita. Outside post hurts his chances, but anything close to his CD efforts makes this one a serious threat. Can't leave this probable odds on favorite out of the mix, but expect a very short price.

Exacta Box 3-4-10 and hope the 10 does not win

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Much to my displeasure, the #10 City Cool ran off and won by over 7 lengths. #4 It's My Party ran well to get 2nd, but the paltry exacta only returned $26.60. Top pick #3 Lion Hall ran well until the end when he appeared to be in mild distress.