Gulfstream Stakes Action Sat & Sun

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Sat's Hal's Hope G3 looks like a short priced race with the fav Morning Line appearing to be in a class by himself. The Zito trained speedster gets Johnny V as he opts off the Pletcher trained Rule, who will offer some competition early, but will most likely fade late as he has been off for a long time. Look for Soaring Empire to offer a challenge late for place/show.

#3 Morning Line over #2 Rule & #5 Soaring Empire in a very short ex and tri key.

In Sunday's Ft. Lauderdale Stakes G3, I have very good information on a horse who will offer a double-digit price. #7 Boots Ahead, 10-1, is generating alot of talk from his conditioners as they believe this one will turn the tables on Battle of Hastings and Stormy. I will know more as the day goes on and will post tomorrow with any updates. For now, the horses to use in exotics are the 1,2,8, and 10.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Wrong Numbers above should be 1,2,7,and 8 in the Sunday race with Boots Ahead
    edited January 2011
    #3 Morning Line had no excuses as an even money favorite. #5 Soaring Empire ran the race of his career as he was placed closer than usual and had plenty left for the drive. The surprise was #2 Rule, who has been on the shelf since the derby trail races, and has always been a speed horse, he sat off the pace and made a very good kick late and was easily 2nd best. As a result, my pick was worthless, unless you boxed my picks and collected a paltry $40 trifecta. Hope some of you did just that!

re tomorrows Ft. Lauderdale Stakes, word today is that all systems are on go tomorrow for #7 Boots Ahead, at a ml of 10-1. The connections believe that the horses to beat are the 1-2-8, who we should use somehow in our exotic plays. I could easily throw out #2 Get Stormy, who has some suspious races of late, but when I do that I usually regret it.

Anyone who wants to look at this race and offer input is welcomed as I am still unsure how to make the most of my money and still offer the best chance of hitting a good exotic play. I know I will play #7 Boots w/p/s but anything beyond that is unclear. Looking forward to HRT genius input.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    i am going to trust your word on this one and wheel the 7 in all three tri spots. i am going VERY DEEP because i think this one is almost wide open. 7 w/ 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10
    edited January 2011
    King:

I like your thinking. However, I am going to throw out the #5 Blues Street, who looks to be in this race only to satisfy Pletcher's BIG clients. Also, I may try to use the #9 & #10 in the lower exotics, as this race is full of speed which is holding well at Gulfstream and these horses can certainly carry their speed for this distance, and the #9 & #10 will be coming from off the pace and may come up a little short if left with too much to do.

wheel the #7 Boots Ahead in all three spots in the tri with the 1/2/8 with the 1/2/8 and for the super add the #9 & #10 in the fourth spot.

BTW, the weather this week looks dicey, but still plan on being at track this weekend. Let me know where you will be and I will find you and get some of your backside info.
    edited January 2011
    Boots Ahead was bumped hard and squeezed at the start, lost all chance, ran a dreadful race. The winners created a tote board explosion.