King--OP opening day ?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Wed morning Gazette says the track is frozen and the powers that be have not made a decision yet regarding cancelling the Friday card. What do you think they will do and what is the talk on the backside?

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    i just left the track office. the entries are out Oaklawn Park | Oaklawn Park Entries | Oaklawn Park Horse Racing Entries but the track is hard as a rock right now. good thing is that there is some snow still on the track. we needed that overnight to hold at least a little if any heat in. but they are doubtful for friday. should be good for sure for saturday though. i have a picture i took of the track ten minutes ago but i dont know how to upload. the talk on the backside is that if they dont get to gallop their horses before friday then there will prolly be quite a few scratches. a week off from even galloping is not good.
    edited January 2011
    opening card has been cancelled. should be fine for saturday. fifth season stakes has been moved to sunday so now we have three opening days of stakes racing!
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Rapid any word on ARCHARCHRARCH coming into the Smarty Jones?
    edited January 2011
    haven't heard yet. i imagine he is a go as of right now. barn area has been kinda hectic so i haven't been back there much this week. ive never seen horses galloping around shedrow because of the track being closed. kinda dangerous back there if you aren't on a horse. lol but saturdays entries are out and Elite Alex is entered...
    this is an afleet alex horse that ran once this summer and won in good time and has been training like a monster. before his first and only start in the summer they were thinking breeders cup juvenile for this guy. last week he worked with an older ritchey stakes winner and outworked him by 10 lengths. he is sitting on GO.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the Oaklawn update, King.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    The opening day stakes has been re-drawn(or will be today) and will run on Sunday. Most of the entries have been stabled at OP and have not had any works, or gallops in about 6 days. However, Atoned ships in from Fairgrounds off a series of good works and could benefit from a recent gallop and works. As you probably know, I have an interest in several Dogwood horses, but not this one. However, I have been designated by Cot to serve as the Dogwood representative and receive the winner's trophy, assuming this old ridgling can get the job done.

King, I will probably have breakfast on Sat @ Rocky's Corner, you know how good an anchovie pizza is in the morning. Come on back to the bar area and call out my name and we can compare notes.
    edited January 2011
    houdini... i just froze my aspirin off in the 40 degree fog in a line 1,000 people long to get you a bobblehead. i am sending this puppy within the next day or two. how do i message you and get address details
    edited January 2011
    Send me a email categorycinco@yahoo.com,KOR not only did u save my marriage make a trip to sunny clearwater and the accomdations will be taken care.Damn i appreciated,make a trip to tampa for the TBD Derby and the offer will stand for the beach view condo.
    edited January 2011
    its catergorycinco@yahoo.com,thanks again!