Thursday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 7

#1 Trippi's Charm, #1A R King of the Road (4/1 ml)

Alright, a little background for you. Back on January 6 @ Gulfsteam, R King of the Road was entered as part of an entry with Travelin Man, with John Velazquez named to ride on both horses, meaning one would scratch (the exact same situation as today). R King of the Road was scratched, leaving Travelin Man to run alone, and Travelin Man then made a mockery of the race, winning off by 7 lengths in 1:09 flat. R King of the Road had worked heads-up with Travelin Man going into that race, which is great, but he's not even the one i like here. Rather, i prefer Trippi's Charm, who himself had worked heads-up with Travelin Man, not once, but SIX OUT OF THEIR EIGHT PREVIOUS DRILLS. That goes all the way back to when they were stabled at Monmouth Park together. And if that isn't enough, Trippi's Charm then worked heads-up with Razmataz on Dec 30. Razmataz, as you know, has since come out of that drill to win an allowance race. Going a bit further on that angle, Pletcher also worked an unraced maiden named Shared Heart with Razmataz recently, and Shared Heart of course won by 10 lengths for us on Sunday. As stated above however, Trippi's Charm is part of an entry here and may scratch. I would expect he'll be the one to run, for obvious reasons, but R King of the Road was already scratched out of the previous race, so he may indeed get the call here. Also, Trippi's Charm disappeared from the worktab for 13 days following that Razmataz work, so i was afraid at one point that something might've happened to him. It doesn't look like it now, but who knows. The reason i went ahead and listed both horses here (rather than making it Trippi's Charm-only) is because i still endorse R King of the Road off that prior heads-up drill with Travelin Man. I'm hoping it's Trippi's Charm though.

Update: It appears that Pletcher has decided to run both, as the only change that's showing right now is Javier Castellano being named to ride Trippi's Charm. I think i might make a portion of my play to Place, because there's a decent chance they could run 1-2 here and sweep the pool.

HRT record:

76 for 282 (27%)

$639.20 mutuels ($8.41 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Unfuckingbelievable. The horse showed nothing.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Dc he might have run his race in his workouts,i found it strange that he ran both horses.