Oaklawn Park Thursday Race 6

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Cheap 4 yo fillies going six furlongs, $5k clm, This race is wide open and got a word last weekend from the jock,

#3 Grand Affair 6-1, has enough early speed and condition to lead this bunch every step of the way.

There is a group of young jockeys who meet every day and discuss upcoming mounts, etc. I was in on some of this Sunday and this one came up. King probably knows these guys better than me. L. Quinonez. McNeil, Ocampo, Diego, and others. I am not above asking these guys who they have been working and what live mounts they have coming up, and they are not above telling me, as there is a great deal of friendly competition among this group of talented young jocks. Word I got Sunday was that Israel Ocampo has this mount today and that this older filly should be in a good spot.

Granted, these are cheap claimers who can cause you to pull your hair out sometimes trying to handicap these races, and I am not one to casually play a horse based upon some idle tip, but there was something about the info that I found most credible. Nevertheless, worth a wps wager @ 6-1.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    It should also be noted that the local newspaper guru has this one listed as his 3rd pick, which may influence the wagering, but in races like this one, I will be keeping a close eye on the toteboard to see how much action she is getting. As King knows, word travels fast on the backside at OP and alot of play early would indicate backside play.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I love this pick. I got word this morning that the track is going to be playing way better than what it was the last two weekends. by i can tell by the workouts this is definitely true. we might see below a 1:12 6f finally. haha

the track maintenance guys jobs are on the line so they have really worked to make the track RIGHT. get ready for some speed to hold up. this fits right into grand affairs strength. i am wheeling with 1, 9, 10, 7, 2, 5. i know that is going deep but thank goodness for 50 cent tri's. i really do think grand affair will hit the board though
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Bombs Away!!!!! 17-1
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    I remember this post,kor hope you bet him!