King- right idea, wrong horse/race

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
King
Couldn't help but notice yesterday at OP that our pick bullied her way out of the gate, bumped two or three on her way to the front, ran splits of 22 flat and 46.2, and , as you would expect from $5k clm, rapidly retreated in the stretch in a race that went in 1:12.2.

However, the next race, a $10k clm, saw the winner knock out fractions of 22 flat and 46.1, went on to win by 14 lengths in 1:11.2. What a difference $5k in class makes!

I saw Houdini's thanks on the Z bobblehead, and you are indeed a good Joe, as folks I talked to said people waited for over 2 hours for the giveaway.

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    yea, he was slow at the break then ocampo rushed him up (which i hate bc i think that takes so much out of a horse) then set some very quick fractions for any level... much less the nickel level. lol

yankee passion sure looked good yesterday! i am biased bc i really like larry jones horses. how about randy morse... the man is winning at something crazy... everything he sends on the track is top 4 and almost 50 percent winners.

should be the most beautiful two days of racing i have ever seen in january at oaklawn... 70 degrees and sunny and a track that is finally RIGHT!