Ark Derby Winner might be in the Race 7 on Sat.

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm hearing big things on Parent Honor, this is suppose to be Dutorw Winslow Homer of 2011, he is taken the Oaklawn route this year instead of the GS. This young colt is suppose to be the real deal. You heard it here first.

gl, fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Thanks FB! Will be taking an extra-long look at him...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    #6 Parents Honor 3/2 ml is entered for Tony Dutrow/Jeremy Rose. Looks like a two horse race on paper so the 3/2 ml is probably close to what you will get. It is somewhat revealing that Rose comes in for the ride, as Dutrow has been using other jocks at the meet, but brings in his go to guy for this one. Also, it is not unrealistic to think that Dutrow would wheel this one right around and run in SW Stakes if he has a good effort here. Problem might be that this race is not the ultimate goal for this well thought of youngster and Rose will most certainly be instructed not to use too much of him late if he is out of it. On the other hand, he might win this one under a hand ride.
    edited January 2011
    I just spoke with one of the local inside guys and I asked him if Dutrow was bringing in Rose to ride Parents Honor in the 7th or Meas Sunrise in the feature 8th? He said "BOTH" as Dutrow expects to win both races by open lengths! Typical Dutrow bravado but definitely food for thought.. Moreover, the 7th race has the probable top 3 fav's and all were at one time in Tony Dutrow's stable, with one being claimed by Larry Jones. This race has possible trifecta Dutrow/Jones/Dutrow written all over it!
    edited January 2011
    In looking back, I mispoke when I said Commanding was claimed by Larry Jones, as it looks like the owner just made a change. The Jones horse ran opening week-end and ran a good race on a dead track. Interesting that the two Dutrow horses have the same running style, so you have to think that Dutrow believes that #6 Parents Honor is the better of the two. Right now, I'm leaning toward a straight tri with 6-8-7.
    edited January 2011
    I mispoke again(early cocktails), I think I meant to say that the 6 & 8 have the same running style, with the #7 Dutrow horse having shown an ability to close well in past races. I have so much info now that I can't keep anything straight.

On my way in the gate on the most beautiful January morning you could ever imagine. Good Luck!
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited January 2011

So Dutrow sticks it to eveyone and wins with JW BLUE!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    JW Blue wins that race and missed the break horrible, more impressive than others
    in a big manner.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I'm hearing big things on Parent Honor, this is suppose to be Dutorw Winslow Homer of 2011, he is taken the Oaklawn route this year instead of the GS. This young colt is suppose to be the real deal. You heard it here first.

gl, fb

Well he wins today for Maker at a huge price.