Aqueduct 8th Thursday-short priced play

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Could not get out of my house or down my drive yesterday due to over two feet of snow. I got on the phone and spoke with asst trainer re Mississippi Too #4 in this NY Bred 4yo up fillies & mares, going 6 furlongs . He believes she is spotted very well in a field she should win on the front end on a track which played very favorable to speed yesterday. Granted, this is not exactly a secret price play, as she is 5/2 on the ml. Consequently, I will key her in a trifecta and hope this race is somewhat formful.

KEY #4 Mississippi Too over

#2 We Need VLT's #2, who will have to be placed a little closer today to be close at the end.
#5 Song Of B'Way, who will have alot to do late, but has shown an ability to do just that.
#7 Devilish Spirit, Speed and fade horse who has run well off the layoff(2 mo) could hold on today.

Others to look for on Saturday at Aqu & Gulfstream are Appian Way in the 7th at Aqu and Gloomy I'm Not in the 7th @ Gulfstream. Word is that these are also working well and spotted likewise.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Still snowed in so I made another call and learned that on Sat @ Aqueduct, Race 7 Appian Way should offer a big price. Has two races and walked out of the gate in first and showed good inprovement in 2nd. Since then, has worked well and asst trainer thinks 3rd time could be the charm at a BIG PRICE!

Gulfstream 7th, Gloomy I'm Knot, will not offer much value as only race @ 5 1/2 was a gate to wire stellar performance and trainer believes this is a softer group. Bill and George both hope all this one needs is a clean break and the others will be in the chase for minor rewards. This one has runaway speed and this is one of those screwy 5 furlong turf sprints, and all they are worried about is a turf course which is somewhat firm, although they do not seem to be that worried about that either. However, expect a short price when the ml comes out later today.
    edited February 2011
    So much for trying to figure out track odds maker, as Gloomy I'm Knot comes out @ 10-1
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Same price he was listed at in his debut :toast:
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    will box.....we need vlt's with your pick....thanks for the many live plays!!!!
    edited February 2011
    Mississippi Too died in the stretch and came back to the stall with some heat in her front legs. Probably bone chips from her last effort when she ran real hard down the stretch, or maybe just a case of bouncing off a very good effort. Sometimes you just can't catch a break.

Today at Aqueduct Race 7, this is a very weak field and #7 Appian Way is 20-1 ml. Showing good improvement and the connections think she will breakout in this spot.

Gulfstream Race 7, Gloomy I'm Knot is 10-1 ml and all she needs is a clean break and she could lead every step of the way. The harder the turf the better. Connections don't think you will get 10-1, but will still be a good price.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    edited February 2011
    Aqueduct Race 7

Appian Way is #3 (not #7)
    Exotic Play four horse Tri Box 1-3-5-10

Gulfstream Race 7

Ex Bx 1-7-8
    edited February 2011
    Aqueduct Race 7- #3 Appian Way walked out of gate,got going late and finished a hard charging 3rd. Went off around 40-1 and paid $9.40 to show. The $2 trifecta of 1-5-3 paid $138.50.

Gulfstream 7th, Gloomy I'm Knot broke slow and never got going.Ran a distant 8th. Better luck next time!