King Congie

TommyTTommyT Junior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
King Congie could be a very good horse, but the young man he was named after just passed away yesterday after fighting brittle bone disease his entire life. Raised in Downingtown, PA and even made it to Temple. Very bright. Quite a story.

RIP Congie: The Forever King of West Point » Paulick Report

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Very much appreciated you sharing this with the Forum. Made me tear up reading this, this gentlemen is so much a better person than we can all imagine!!!!! We just don't realize how blessed we all are with no type of difficulties that hamper us each and everyday!!!!!!!!

FB
  • TommyTTommyT Junior Member
    edited February 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Very much appreciated you sharing this with the Forum. Made me tear up reading this, this gentlemen is so much a better person than we can all imagine!!!!! We just don't realize how blessed we all are with no type of difficulties that hamper us each and everyday!!!!!!!!

FB

I attended his services today in Riverton NJ, near the Westpoint HQ, and was so impressed with the turnout of people, many horseowners and sports personalities including Temple's Fran Dunphy. Terry Findlay spoke, and was very emotional and obviously had a great affection for Congie DeVito.
    edited February 2011
    I should mention that Terry, the owner and President of West Point Thoroghbreds, believes King Congie will be racing in the Kentucky Derby this year. Stay tuned.
    edited February 2011
    Terry Indicated To Me That He Thought King Congie Would Be In The Ky Derby