Houdini magic at Gulfstream tomorrow!

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
My attention will be turn to Gulfstream and the 6th race.

The 1 horse Turnofthecat was the goods last race,and missed the entire break,now for those who watch the race carefully he had a brief turn of foot around the turn,and that was the end of it.
Now watch Coa get into the horse in the stretch still riding but had no shot to win,IMO Mclaughlin knew his horse wasnt winning,BUT wanted to get the most out of the race.
A-Solis having a solid meet picks up the mount
B-Drills a 47.6 and outworks some pretty good horses.
C-the extra 1/2 furlong will help.
D-winner came back and won(FREE ENTRY)

The bet-$250 win $5 box 1 with 1,2,4

Now my other bet 10th race at Gulfstream.

Race 5-Just when Uncle Joe was ready to break his maiden boom Penna lays him up 2 1/2 months.

His last 2 races he shows different running lines,Last race he"stubbornly resisted rating tactics""fought the bit from the get go""acted more kindly when given the rein"..hmm Penna has a handful here.

His race against well regarde BANNED

chart reads "under a snug hold and wide around the opening bend""took charge soon after entering the backstrectch""was rated on the front WELL OF THE INSIDE""inched closer to the inside once he reached the far turn""felt pressure from the intial time nearing the quarter pole"Saw the lead continue to evaporate,despite being ask for the run,succumbed with a eight to go but CONTINUE ONWARD WELL TO RESERVE THE PLACE"winner was Banned who inhaled him around the turn"

The 3rd place finisher Brilliant Speed nosed out in a stakes race last weekend(had BS to win tough lost rough trip trapped behind horses once cleared hasd a brief lead nailed at the wire10/1)

Now we know why Penna decided to give Uncle Joe 2 1/2 months off.Uncle Joe needed to grow up reading from the charts his last 2 races.Simply put Uncle Joe was running against some top 2 year olds last year,but UJ wasnt ready for prime time,Penna gave him the winter off,let UJ mature and now he s sitting on a tough,tough race from post 12.Slow works ,no big deal,my question is will he pop this race or will he pop next race?

At 8/1 ML i will take my chances and hope Penna went back to the drawing board,if he doesnt win here give him at least 1 or 2 more races.

The bet $300 win on Uncle Joe.$10 exacta box 12 with 8,9,10

no question in my mind, penna would have won this race on the turf by about 5 lengths, the horse was ready to run and has to much of a turf stride not to be better on turf. i would have scratched if i was penna. the pletcher horse was a little short to finish second.

Maybe a underlay has to be the right price or else i will pass 4/1 please.

The Mac Diarmida Stakes $150 win #13 Citrus kid,last race better then it looks on paper,Castellano will find a way to t=get this horse horse from post 13 at 14/1 i will take my shot.

The Risen Star

Santiva is ready to roll -Manchen @8/5 no thanks,Santiva is very very very good.

Good luck all!

Comments

• HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    The Uncle Joe analysis was written prior to his last race.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    FYI, Turnofthecat came out of that maiden race to work heads-up with the older stakes horse Taqarub. Also note that McLaughlin hits @ 35% with second-time starters. He's also 1-for-1 with today's rider Solis. Worth a look, for sure.