Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Honestly do you think this race is a good choice for this horse? Word is after this race he will run in the wood then its to the derby. Think they are handling this horse the wrong way.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Could be a big offer to take him to Aqueduct, I say stay at Gulfstream, run in the Florida Derby & on to Churchill.:drinking:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    With only two preps before the 1 1/4-mile Derby, i'm not sure how bright it is to be dropping the horse back to one-turn.

On the other hand, it will be his first start in about 4 months, so i guess it makes some sense in that respect. And i guess it would be 1 mile, 1 1/8 miles, 1 1/4 miles in consecutive order, so you could argue that it's a natural progression for him.

I still think you'd want to give him as much two-turn experience as possible before the Derby though, especially considering how lightly-raced he is.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    The sad thing is I see so much hype about this horse and feel they are handling him all wrong. Can he win the derby? Of course he can but I dont think so. As for the triple Crown? No way look what happened to Big Brown and Barbaro? 2 lightly seasoned horses who didnt even make to the end of the Triple Crown.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I don't think you can hold anything against Barbaro. That being said, i don't think he would've beaten Bernardini in the Preakness even if he hadn't broken down.