'uncle Brent' Sold To Charles Cella...owner Of Oaklawn

husker70husker70 Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
King---can You Give Us Some Insight On This...just Picked Up That Cella
...bought This One After Last Weekends Win.. 1.09.41 @ 6 F....not Bad....i'm Surprised We Haven't Seen More Of Lynn Whitings Horses...since He's Charlie Cella's Go To Man....

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    yea, cella bought him for a huge amount... i dont know the exact amount but it was A LOT. i know mr. whiting really well, and he is as excited as he can be. they dont know when his next race will be but it will NOT be the rebel. the good thing about lynn is that he will take his time and work up instead of throwing him in the fire and ruining the horses confidence. He has fewer horses this year than normal, but this boy could be an all star. cella's purchases lately haven't really worked out like he thought (aka dryfly was going to be the next derby winner), but they are going to pick the right spot next out for this boy because lynn knows he has a potential star in the making. not much new info there, but it will be interesting to see which race he places him in coming up.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I Appreciate It...i Know Cella Usually Has A Few Running ...but Haven't Seen Much...being An Old Jack Van Berg Protege From Nebraska....oaklawn Has Always Been One Of My Favorite Tracks...now, Got To Research This One And Watch How Good He Is......thanks Again