Gulfstream 8th Thursday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
GP 8th, $50k oc n1x 3 yo 1 mile turf

I have a horse who is back in training in Florida with George Weaver, who has another horse entered today in this race. # 9 Powhatan County is a big time horse, but word is that he may need a race or two. Been off for 6 months, but on class alone he could pass them all at the end. Nevertheless. I will wheel #9 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with:

#5 Extensive, 10-1, has a conditioning edge on most others, and last on this GP course was good enough to put him close at a big price.

#6 Ocasta, 6-1, been off for 4 months, but last @ Keeneland in a Grade III was a decent 3rd. Gets Johnny V for a 25 % trainer and comes in with a long series of good works leading up to return.

#10 Animal Kingdom, 4-1, been off a long time too, but last in Oct at Keeneland was huge. Comes back in his return for new trainer Graham Motion, who does well with new ones and turf especially.

WHEEL #9 with 5-6-10

GOOD LUCK!

Comments

• HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    NIce !
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    GP 8th, $50k oc n1x 3 yo 1 mile turf

I have a horse who is back in training in Florida with George Weaver, who has another horse entered today in this race. # 9 Powhatan County is a big time horse, but word is that he may need a race or two. Been off for 6 months, but on class alone he could pass them all at the end. Nevertheless. I will wheel #9 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with:

#5 Extensive, 10-1, has a conditioning edge on most others, and last on this GP course was good enough to put him close at a big price.

#6 Ocasta, 6-1, been off for 4 months, but last @ Keeneland in a Grade III was a decent 3rd. Gets Johnny V for a 25 % trainer and comes in with a long series of good works leading up to return.

#10 Animal Kingdom, 4-1, been off a long time too, but last in Oct at Keeneland was huge. Comes back in his return for new trainer Graham Motion, who does well with new ones and turf especially.

WHEEL #9 with 5-6-10

GOOD LUCK!

Nice Call
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    So much for Powhaton County needing a race or two. Sprinted clear and held off all comers. Unfortunately, he took a shit load of money, as did the horse that ran 2nd, #10 animal Kingdom, so the payoff was not as good as we had hoped for.

$2.00 Trifecta 9-10-5
    paid $114.60
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    nice hit

any word on weaver's aqueduct horse, the one that started slowly in the maiden and finished 3rd last out?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    heck of a strike greenhaw! yesterday, i was sitting on the top floor of the business building doing homework, and i fired up twinspires and played a pick 3 that cost 24 bucks at OP! had to beat morse favorites in the first two legs and did with a 8-1 first time starter in the first leg. second leg i had two of the 7 horses and neither were the favorite. lol my 5-1 wins that leg! then i had ten lil indians and heaven's flame in the last leg. ten lil indians draws off and wins at 7-1 and the pick 3 paid 723! you should have seen me jumping around the room bringing ten lil indians down the lane. heading to longshots all afternoon today to do a little playing from over there. you in town?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Congrats John!

Btw, I thought of you last night when i saw that Firepole is entered. Good luck with him today...
    edited March 2011
    Firepole is entered today at Aqueduct race 8, one of those NY Bred allow condition races that are hard as hell to get a handle on. He is coming off bone chip surgery but George blew him out about 3 weeks ago and has just galloped him since. We expect a much better effort 2nd start since the surgery, should show speed and hope he is fit enough to carry it 6 furlongs. However, I am advised to not put any money on him today if money is needed elsewhere. LOL.

However, today at Gulfstream Race 3, #4 PUNSTER, 5-1 is getting alot of attention. This Dogwood colt has been hooked tough but now drops in for $75K clm. The connections believe a top performance is quite possible. I'm thinking an Ex Bx 4-5-11 with a wps on #4 PUNSTER.

GOOD LUCK!
    edited March 2011
    As I expected, Firepole failed to fire at any pole. However, at Gulfstream, Punster was a picture of perfection as he was checked early then commenced a rally to win going away under a hand ride.

$11.00 $5.80 $3.80