Short Price Plays Aqu 6th & OP 8th

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Aqueduct 6th, mdn $38k NY Bred fillies 5 1/2 f

The ml fav, #8, @5/2, has but one race, a 3rd place finish in slow time. I would suggest you throw this one out completely and key a proven filly over three(3) first time starters.

#4 SILVER OVER GOLD, 3-1,
has speed, takes a slight drop and cut-back, and, GETS RAMON! Expect 7/5 ot less.

The #'s 5,6, and 7 are all first time starters from good barns and good series of works. WHY NOT!

Key #4 over 5/6/7 in ex & tri

OAKLAWN 8th,

Clm $30k n3l purse $22k 3 & up 6 furlongs

I got word this morning that there is only one race today that looks like pp's mean anything and that there are two horses in this race who should distance themselves from the rest of the pack.

#5 THUNDER JACK, 2-1
Simply the one to catch!

#6 TAOS CANYON, 5-1
The one that might just catch the #5 if that one is taken to task early on.

#2 Ramblingamblinman, 4-1, was pretty good at one time, may be rounding back into form.

#3 Purrfect Alibi, 7/2, Calvin Borel will send this one out to do battle with Thunder Jack early. Should fold late but could hold on for minor reward.

#8 Star of Paradise, 12-1, Been going longer. Cuts back and has a history of good late speed figures.

THE PLAY:

Ex Bx 5-6

Tri 5/6 over 5/6 over 2/3/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!(even Draynay)

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Aqu 6th
    my top play runs away, with the first timer at a big price, #7, running 2nd, $77.00 exacta

OP 8th
    #5 gets nosed at the wire by the #8(at a big price), runs 8-5-2(hope you'all boxed em after the sct of the # 3).

better luck tomorrow
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    OP 8th should have said after the sct of the #6, the exotics at OP were huge! The #3 who I thought would run with the #5 didn't run worth a shit! but the # 8 was flyin like greased lightning!