'uncle Brent' Of Cella's...running Today----oaklawn

husker70husker70 Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
King---surprise On This One Right Back...'uncle Brent' Running In Last Today---race 10...#9---looks Like A Gift And A Good Return To Cella As The Crowds Have Come Back...whiting Had A $34.00 Dollar Winner Thursday...was Skiing...he Always Catches A Few There ...at A Price...

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    pretty quick turnaround. going to be interesting to see how he reacts to it. that said, i think he and joyful victory have impressed me the most of any two horses on the grounds this year. i'll probably play a pick 3 and not include him because of the fact that he will be on almost EVERYONES ticket. I do think he will win though lol
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Looked Much The Best...just Couldn't Change Leads....
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, this race was a real head scratcher. Ocampo took him way back early, probably was instructed to do so by Lynn, then try to get him to relax and rate behind the leaders and then make a big move about half way around the far turn. In my humble opinion, which is probably dead wrong, horses tend to change leads more easily when they have some fatigue in their legs. In this race, Uncle Brent had done little to cause any fatigue, as he was moving with the greatest of ease and, hence, refused to change leads. But, he is young and very inexperienced and will only get better. Could be any kind of horse at this point. With the big money Chuck Cella is going to make this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised to see other private sales.