Jacito !

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
After watching the race several more times I am looking forward to Jaycito in the Santa Anita.

It is clear to me that Baffert wasn't sure what he had when he got the horse. I am also sure he told the Jockey to sit back and get the horse to relax we will worry about winning next time.

After giving 18 lengths to the field Jaycito finished up nicely for 2nd. I believe that is all Baffert really wanted. Now that he has a horse that went all the way around the track without missing a turn I think he can now shape the horse up to peak his next 2 races. If Jaycito wins the SA like I expect him to he may be the place horse I have been looking for to finish behind Uncle Mo.:yes:

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Sorry.... about the spelling..... J A Y C I T O....
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Dray-Though I don't agree with you on a lot, I will agree with you here on Jaycito. Watched the race 3-4 times and saw that Jaycito had an awful trip, while at the same time as you mentioned, Baffert not having him fully cranked!

I expect a huge improvement next out!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I believe he is the best in the West and he will prove it in the SA. Baffert says he is working out like a monster. Watch his next few works.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I agree! I believe he is begging for a 1 1/4, but I could be wrong. Take care Dray!