Gulfstream Race 8 Wednesday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I was on the phone last night with asst trainer for my colt who is on the comeback trail at Palm m after bone chip problems. Naturally, the discussion turned to good plays on today's card and he said that Mark Hennig has one in this race who should be placed closer and should hold off all in the last furlong. Johnny V does not ride alot for Hennig, but Angel, I am told, really wanted john to have this mount.

Gulfstream 8th
3 yo fillies 1 mile turf alw $55k n1x

#10 MOUNT HOLIDAY, 10-1,
should be placed closer- last race going longer was wide and tired a little to finish off the board, but by less than 3 lengths. Cuts back today, gets JV, and has the best late speed figures by far.

#4 DAGNEY DARLING, 12-1,
has one race and one win. Been off for 2 months but steady works since only race. Should show early speed and may hold on at a price.

#5 SMART STING, 3-1
vulnerable ml fav. Woodbine shipper been firing bullets but been off a long time and has not been going this far. Will probably make a big move late but her late speed figs are nowhere near the #10.

#11 ATLANTIC VOYAGE, 4-1
Been off for six months. But steady works since Jan for turf guru Clement. Anything close to first race at Bel last fall makes her the one to catch, but may need a race or two at this longer distance.

THE PLAY:

Going to believe that Cordero knows his shit and play #10 pretty big w/p, and key in the exotics, ex & tri
key #10 over 4/5/11

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments