Oaklawn sell-out Sat

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I spoke to one of my OP mgmt connections yesterday and she said that all general admission seats are sold-out for Saturday. Extra tellers and food service employees are being called in, and have been told to expect a crowd in the 45,000 to 50,000 range. I think I will go on Friday and learn how to use the auto teller machines! I have seen people use them at other tracks, NYRA, but never thought I would need to resort to using them at Oaklawn. However, I know from experience that any crowd of more than 30,000 and you stand a real good chance of getting shut-out, as you will have people in line in front of you who are slow.

If anyone has used the atm(auto teller mach) please advise. I would guess that you just deposit cash and get a card with a limit thereon. Thereafter, you just follow on screen instructions. This might not sound like a big deal to most, buy I'm the guy who had to hire the geek squad just to hook up my tv. Sometimes I feel as if life and technology has passed me fuckin by!

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    the automatic ones are the only ones i use because if i mess up my ticket i can't blame anyone else except myself. they are really easy to use and the key is using the "with/" button. if you play pick 3, pick 4, ex, tri, super, or double, you use that button to jump from one race to the next on the multi race plays or on the ex, tri, and super you use it to separate your spots. The ones at churchill are new, but i honestly think they are more difficult to use. you can also see the "bet cost" button to see how much your ticket will cost before you "submit ticket." i recommend going up there at about 11 or so and going to the upper terrace and playing around with it. you pick it up really quick! just remember... don't forget to press "RETURN VOUCHER" after you make your bet! i know people that have left 300 bucks in the machine
    edited March 2011
    oh the good thing is that the infield is open on saturday!
    edited March 2011
    here is a pic from the infield yesterday! beer truck had just pulled up!
    18827710150434656230648.jpg
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    King is right; remember to hit RETURN VOUCHER. It is unreal how many people walk away without their voucher.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    yes make a habit of checking for a voucher even if there isnt one. the one arm bandit machines will make the next guy in line a winner if you dont make and stay in the habit.