Kingoftherapid

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
King:

I am in need of a quick $76k to buy an interest in a 2yo being offered by Dogwood. I am about to have a stroke and put a couple of dimes on Harve de Grace in the Azeri Stakes on Saturday. Can you talk me out of it, and WHY? I know you have the wedding party tomorrow, but call me on my cell, I'll be trackside around 11:30 on Friday.

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    you aren't going to find me getting you off that bet! i absolutely hammered her in the ladies classic and i can tell you that this track is playing to the speed right now. Closers are not winning the races, and it will take a heck of an effort from blind luck to catch her! I'm all in
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    My local connections have spoken with Larry Jones and he has stated that if she gets beat, it would be by the best older fillie/mare running in the history of racing! You know how full of shit Jones is, but he may just be on to something. I also know that she has been off a while, but so have her main competitors. It appears to me that Blind Luck's best days are behind her. What do you hear? The more I think about this race, the more cash I want to play on Harve de Grace!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    just heard that there is a chance of rain on saturday. Not alot, but some. Harve de Grace's last work on wet/fast was rather impressive, but all her works since coming from dutrow to Jones have been rather spectacular. Please, someone, bring me back to earth before I lose my entire net worth. BTW, I also like Tidal Pool and Blind Luck to finish off the trifecta.