Oaklawn Park Saturday one to watch

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
On a weekend of great racing coast to coast, there is a little $75,000 stakes at Oaklawn on Saturday which has a 3yo fillie worth a good look.

The PRIMA DONNA STAKES, 3yo fillies going 6 furlongs

#8 ARIENZA

This young fillie has been the talk of the backside since she arrived. $800,000 Keeneland purchase by Giant's Causeway/AZERI jumps from a first out maiden win right into stakes company. Owned by Robt & Lawana Low of missouri.
Trainer Danny Peitz has told all that the GII Fantasy is the ultimate goal, but all who have watched her work are left in total awe of her physical abilities. Looks like she has found a soft spot to continue on her winning ways.I haven't seen the ML yet, but I would expect 2-1 or so at post time.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Calhoun will win this one also and we will get a better price because of Arienza is in this one. Calhoun was high on this filly big time on Risen Star day in the Rachel Alexandra race and she ran a good 3rd going long that day to Kathmanblu and Inglourious. I love her today in this spot. Her name is Gran Lioness!!!!!!

fb
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    ARIENZA withdrawn from Prima Donna Stakes in favor of two turn allow on Sunday. Trainer Peitz wants a two turn race to move forward toward next months Graded Stakes races.
    edited March 2011
    OP Race 10 Sunday
    ARIENZA 8/5
    Can't hide this one any longer.Stretching out to a two turn mile.
    3/5 at best!
    edited March 2011
    Just got word that bridgejumper has OP going to cancel all show wagering! Never been done before but Ark Racing commission allowed this into play 2 yrs ago. Has to have a percentage of more than 1,000 to one on show wagering. Cella will put that in so to avoid negative payout!

Can't wait to see this young star in a real race!
    edited March 2011
    Won't happen today, sloppy track has her at 1/5 with show pool at alot less than needed. Cella takes a hit on show payoff!