Fairgrounds Stakes Card for Saturday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 6

New Orleans H.

This is a wide open and you can make a case for any of them and I can give you insight or backstretch buzz on many of these below.

entry - they are over the top in this one and might could get a piece of the super if the pace melts.

el caballo - big time buzz horse in the back, sitting on a big effort and that is why he is in here, but coming off the shelf agasinst these will be tough might get the exacta with a big run, don't leave off your verticles.

mission impazible - what can you say ran his heart out and took all the beating in that last race to get nipped, sitting on another big effort or bounce out like OHIO ST. did tonight.

birdrun - pace factor with rm aboard will he take to the long stretch?

demaraction - my boy mcgee loves this horse and says he is just as good this time out and he was last nipping mi in the last jump, enough pace?

giant oak - feed this one carrots plenty of times as a 3yo on the derby trail at the FG and took a ton of my money that year as he never ran a step over this strip and if square eddie wouldnt' of been in the don and setup that pace meltdown he wouldnt of won that race either. bogus beyer # IMO

apart - i was sitting right next to stall last time out when he was flat down the lane and he was visually upset that day and is saying this is the race they have been waiting for? Might give him one more shot today but won't know till I speak with others tomorrw at the track.

Race 7

Duncan F. Kenner S.

entry - love the kleins as i wil have a drink with them tomorrow and steve m is the man right now talked with them in the paddock on derby day last year and they both told me to go to the window on Stay Put and we backed him down that day way too much, Early Return is the better of these two right now and expect him to run a huge one, cash refund is a gutsy SOB but hurts the price on ER today.

three day rush - strictly owners want to run in this event, pass for me

new bay - suppose to be live but imo over his head in this field, i could be wrong.

mambo galliano - big price as he just follwoed er around the track last time out, louie r has been sending out live mounts all meet, don't leave off your verticles.

riley tucker - wasnt' even going to run in this one, but his last work was a thing of beauty and the clocker told me assman says lets fire with him on the la derby undercard. race sets up for him look hard at him in the paddock.

snapshot - carrying great flesh and mott sends him in to win?

Race 8

Fair Grounds Oaks

grandacious - sprinter imo and will hit the wall in this one today.

little miss holly - little trouble last time down inside for Rosie, Edgar in the saddle today and can get a piece with the right trip.

switching gears - shaun b stays here over many in this one and that makes this one way more attractive imo bred for the distance and my speed numbers say all systems go at a price

tapit dancer - way better than her last out and i wouldn't leave off anything today, baze in the saddle today?

daisy devine - sitting on a big effort today but the distance looks a little too far

snow fall - scratched spiked a fever and was my top pick

tourmaline - tampa shipper over her head

st johns river - in form and big rider switch and bred to run all day long distance helps and pace does also wouldnt shock me at all in the winners circle.

nijis grand girl - class and mcpeek has sent live ones here this meet should have a say so on the outcome.

inglorious - will take all the money and be odds on and really should run by all of them down the lane with the pace setup, girl power at it's best with this young filly. Way better than her last!!!!

Race 9

Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial H.

southern anthem - no thanks

sleepless knight - jumpin joe and breen alot to like at a price, will be there at the end.

smart bid - up n comer for the weeds and prado back in the saddle don't leave off any tickets.

expansion - no thanks and won't repeat today, missed the bomb last time

workin for hops - has been pointed for this one and rosie will take them a long way today and the price will come down

battle of hastings - over the top, this old warrior has lost a step and has taken many defeats on the line and has broken his will

giants tomb - frostad fired off the bench and just doesnt look as good as the rest

joinem - this one has been ready the last few but trouble and class has hurt her, today might be the day for Carroll

moryba - mott shipping into win this one with the up n comer from his barn, could run right by these down the lane with kent d in the saddle,

Race 10

Louisiana Derby

entry - nacho the better of the two just look at who jumpin joe is on today, might get a piece of the super.

nehro - sneaky bred to run all day and won from the 10 hole at oak going a mile and closed like a freight train, did the light buld go off that day?

mavericking - quick turn around for this one, but the class factor will hurt turning for home, first real dirt race?

mucho macho man - class by a ton and actually towers over this filed in real life over 17 hands and a good looking colt. should win today as this is his last race for 6 weeks.

liondrive - don't dare leave him off you exotic tickets in the 4th hole

machen - most likely my play as everyone has jumped ship after last and with borail on elite alex his price will rise and be an overlay. set for a career best today for howard.

majestic harbor - mcgee loves this colt, but a tough task today and will be part of the pace down the lane.

lemans - robby obbie and assman? like the joker and harley quinn?

wilkinson - could it be a howard exacta today, worth two bucks?

left - stall had to enter someone in a alw field, you just neve know.

elite alex - i told you all last sat moring before drf he would be here in the starting gate with borail aboard, will take a beating at the windows and has a big shot.