Animal Kingdom yesterday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Horse Racing Forum
The most impressive 3yo I saw on yesterday was Animal Kingodm in the Vinery, I can tell you now don't leave him off your Ky Derby wagers on May 7!!!! This is a serious race horse and will be heard from this year. This one is a runner go watch the replay if you didn't see the race on yesterday. This one has the look of a true bomb heading into the gate on the first Saturday in May and Team Valor and Barry Irwin must be respected. You heard it here first on HRT.

fb

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Very strong performance with a definite extra gear
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Cannot wait to see him on the real dirt at CH!!!!!!!!!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    i didnt really dig the ride....i picked him....i thought he made him work to much throughout the race....
    edited April 2011
    Animal Kingdom Breezes Five in Lexington

Today at Keeneland, Animal Kingdom worked five furlongs in :59.20 in company with Senor Dehere. Animal Kingdom started off a length behind his workmate and finished a length in front as he posted fractions of :13.40, :25.40, :37, and :48.20. He galloped out six furlongs in 1:11.20 and seven-eighths in 1:24.00.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Fb---who Is Scheduled For The Mount?
    edited April 2011
    I don't think there is a final decision as of now.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    can't confirm this right now, but I just got word that Angel is working this one for Johnny. Looks like they are concerned about UM making the race. What are you guys hearing?
    edited April 2011
    CONFIRMED!

jOHNNY
    edited April 2011
    Confirmed

If Uncle Mo starts, J.V. will take the mount. However, Barry Irvin says today that UM is a longshot to race ever again, let alone on Sat.! Cordero has Johnny V. the mount on Animal Kingdom! If Pletcher sends UM out, Robbie A. will take the mout on AK,, and the rest is history of Kentucky Derby Favorites will die and we will question the logic of the big boys and their wealthy owners, and Robbie A. will have a Classic win, or, JV will send Animal Kingdom home and this pick will make perfect sense! Of coarse, this is all unsubstantiated at this time.. New news to follow!
    edited April 2011
    My news source in Louisville is backpeddling on the report that Uncle Mo will not race.

Now he is saying that Uncle Mo will run, but it is clear right now that Angel has talked with Team Valor and there is something in the works, what it is is still unknown. The next few days should be interesting.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I think Animal KIngdom is one of the more intriguing propsects in the race. You can certainly make a case for him, that's for sure. Should be a pretty large price, too.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Animal Kingdom is a complete joke of a Derby horse.(N)
    edited April 2011
    You need to learn to respect other people's opinions, Draynay. Especially considering your own track record...
    edited April 2011
    I just saw Animal Kingdom listed @ 35/1 here in Vegas. That's kind of interesting.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    I respect the opinion I just don't understand it. What is there to like about this horse at 152+ ???
    edited April 2011
    Turfway runs pretty slow, so I wouldn't pay much attention to the time there. AK has shown that he's quite effective around two turns, he was visually impressive in his last start (though he maybe could've finished a little stronger, and he looks like he might be better-suited to the distance than many others in the race.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    If he finishes in the top 10 I will be shocked.
    edited May 2011
    Bump.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Draynay wrote: »

Right?
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    how do u feel draynay?
    edited May 2011
    Lol. Technically MO didn't lose...
    edited May 2011

This is why this JACKASS is gone, the Rookie (FB) put him to sleep!!!!!!!!!! Always remember one thing in life and that is to respect others. I live by that code!!!!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011

That right there is great!!! Good job FB!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Nice call for a Rookie huh. FB musta been watching animal planet on the tube when he was reading the form and said thats it thats the one, Animal Kingdom. Hahahaha I have to thank you FB without a $35 win bet to make some up my derby would have been a real disaster. Only ended in the hole $300 instead of $1000.
  • donniepdonniep Junior Member
    edited May 2011

I agree. Had you bet him you'd be laughing all the way to the bank! Great job, FB! Thanx for sharing.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited May 2011

LMAO....

Is this the same guy that was harping on "the derby mud winner" or something like that a few years ago?
    edited April 2015

BUMP! (LOL)
    edited April 2015
    #HRTclassics
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Nice BUMP and hashtag gentlemen . . . that was a good chuckle. . . have to admit bbixler had one of the better avatars around here. ;)