Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Should he get a decent post I will be backing him for the win. Back to back 10 post did not work out for him in Tampa. Something 2 thru 6 would be nice.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    And stumble home with another career 83 BSF.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Beyers don't mean squat. The only race i've seen him "stumble home" in was the TB Derby. Not sure why, other than perhaps he didn't feel comfortable setting the pace. We'll see what happens here, should be interesting.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    That 10 post is tough at Tampa and Ramon rushed him up wide and it took a lot out of him. I expect him to move forward from that race and he will be tough in the Arkansas. If he gets a good post and settles well OFF the speed he should be tough.:peace:
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    With all due respect "Cat", Brethern has raced 4 times in his career. He hasn't posted anything above an 84 BSF. It does mean something.

Horses should be improving along the way, and there is nothing to this point, that says this colt has improved from his 2 yold form.

If you are a horse that is going to the KD and haven't posted anything higher than a career high BSF of 84 to this point, there are some speed issues.

Now if he jumps up into the high 90's to low 100's in the Ark Derby I will give him another look. But for now, he is just another plodder who hasn't beaten much and was beaten by claimers last out.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I was extremely impressed with his Sam Davis run. I don't care that he got an 85 Beyer or whatever it was. And i'm certainly not relying on Andy Beyer (or his brethren, pun intended) to tell me when it's alright to be impressed by a horse's performance.

Maybe Brethren isn't improving right now; it certainly didn't look like it in the TB Derby. But I think a bounceback to his a Sam Davis (a race that Beyer probably thinks was comparable to his TB Derby) would make him a pretty large threat at Oaklawn. Whether he has it in him or not is the question. We'll see. I do like to keep an open mind at that kind of price...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    A bad ride by the jockey, and a bit of a bounce all put together made Brethren look bad. A faster track and a better post and better ride make Brethren tough to beat in the Arkansas.:yes:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Super saver was a complete piece of shit anyways, and look what he did. Don't count anything out.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    ya'll come on down for the derby! I can get any of you in for free if you come. also, i will buy a brewski for anyone that decides to take the trip! apple blossom will be a fantastic field as well!