Oaklawn Park Race 7 Thursday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
MC $15k 3yo 5 1/2 f
Alot of 3yo's dropping, and some rising in class, with the ml fav having never hit the board in three starts? I smell a longshot!

#2 ODD MAN OUT, 8-1
Good trainer Allen Milligan told my buddy that this one is LIVE today in this spot. Speed and fade in last, and the only one to come out of that race jumped up in class and won. Big jock switch to Ocampo, who will no doubt be employing much encouragement down the stretch!

#3 JENNY'S TOUCH, 2-1
Speed and fade in last for Bret Calhoun. The drop from $30k to $15k could make the difference as this one has very good early speed. However, has not hit the board in three starts?

#10 MR SLATER HANDS, 5/2
Has shown speed in all three races. Drops way down in class and is a very logical play, but outside post hurts his chances.

THE PLAY:

WPS # 2
ex & tri bos 2/3/10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    these are the exact horses i am using in my pick 4. i think i am going to single the 1 horse in the ninth.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    JOHN
    HAD CONVERSATION WITH TERRY WALLACE THIS AM...HE USED TO BE OUR OLD ANNOUNCER UP AT OMAHA @ THE OLD AKSARBEN TRACK...GOOD FRIEND OF MINE...
    HE GETS A PICK A WEEK AND ANY WINNINGS GO TO AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY...SO I TOLD HIM I WOULD DOUBLE HIS $100 WIN BET AND PROVIDE $200 W/P ON #3...JENNY'S TOUCH'....SINCE MY OLDEST DAUGHTER IS A JENNIFER ANYWAY...SO I'M USING YOUR 2,10 WITH THE 3 IN EXOTICS...AND WILL CONTRIBUTE THAT ALSO FOR THE GOOD CAUSE.....

SO LET US GET A WINNER HERE........AND MAKE SOME $$$.FOR AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY..........:yes:
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Husker:

Great plan and a great way to donate and have fun doing so! I agree that the # 3 will be tough on the drop.

Am going to be trackside Friday and Saturday. I already told KING to give me a call. One of our old friends, DASH GOFF, owned NODOUBLE, and OP is having the NODOUBLE STAKES on Sat. Our box is in the upper terrace as far south as you can go to the last ramp before you get to the simulcast seating area and the heads. Go up the ramp and turn left on the first row where the first box says Bernhard Mayer and we are usually about 5 or six boxes down. Come by!. Just yell out GREENHAW and someone will tell you who I am or that I am down below watching a simulcast race or getting a drink. Same goes for King!
    edited March 2011
    John---I'll Be In Kentucky... As I'm A Breeder Now...mostly...as 2 Of My Mares Are In Foal And 1 Is One Of My Top Mares...'Fleet Lady'...should Remember Her...she's The Mother To 'midshipman'....plus A Nice One Back In Her Day...winning Over $630,000...i'll Be At The Old Stonerside Stable In Kentucky...previously Owned By My Close Friend...owner Of The Houston Texans...Bob McNair
    I Missed Fb Last Week @ Fg...with My Youngest Daughters Mare Was Having Problems...can't Just Run Away From A 9 Yr Old Crying Girl Now...luckily Everything Came Out Well In The Early Am Hours..but We All Need To Catch Up On One Of These Tracks And Pick Eachothers Brains......

'Fleet Lady' Is In Foal To ' Deputy Minister'........
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Sorry to hear you won't be trackside. Maybe we'll meet in Ky next month as my 3yo colt is eyeing a comeback race in mid-April at Keeneland with the outcome depending on if we send him forward in the American Turf Classic GII on Oaks day at Churchill Downs!

I met Bob McNair around ten years ago or so when he was wintering at the Aiken, South Carolina training Center and sharing the facilities with Dogwood Stables. For someone that rich, he sure was a hell of a nice guy and he certainly loved his horses!

If I run into any Darley, Goldolfin Sheiks I will inform them of your recent foals and send them your way next Spring
    edited March 2011
    Godolphin Has Ruined Midshiman....wish I Could Buy Him And Bring Him Back Stateside....same Problem I Had With Cuvee And The Change Over At Gainesway Farms....sold Interest To The Turkey Jockey Club....camel People Don't Know Horses That Well...got The $$$$ Though....
    edited April 2011
    Well ....cancer Society Didn't Get Their Money...old Cella Done Me In...

I See Frazee Picked Her Up On A Claim...watch Next Out...probably @ Prairie Meadows...i Told Terry To Email Me When He Has His One Pick A Week....i Told Him I Would Match It Until Completion Of The Meet.....good Cause

Also...that's;midshipman' On The Horse...had A Typepo...off To Kentucky To Check The Mares...vet Says They're Ready......