Flashpoint to the Fl Derby not the Swale

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
There will be pace in this race for Dialed In and others that come from out of it. This will be this years best prep hands down, then the Ark Derby.

Florida Derby for Flashpoint | Daily Racing Form

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Id love to see Flashpoint wire them all. wouldnt that throw a nice big stick into it all. Sprint on both sides of the bloodline but ya never know.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    If Dialed In doesn't makea big run in this race with the likely pace, then he drops way down on my rankings.

fb
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    to like Dialed In. He has done about as much as Elite Alex. Let it go.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    to like Dialed In. He has done about as much as Elite Alex. Let it go.

You have to find someone that is going to run 2nd - 5th in the Derby and EA and DI both fit that mold. This is by far the weakest crop of 3yo I have seen in quite a while.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I think Soldat has proven himself on the track and at the distance and there is no reason to believe he loses this race. THS should be much better and Stay Thirsty should hit the board here if he is for real. Flashpoint has no shot with that post position. Too bad.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Perfect makes me love THAS even more. Still cant figure out why Dialed still continues to take money in the future wagering. If the horse doesn't show up and runs like crap he might not even have enough earnings for the derby. Hmmm
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Dialed In's first 2 races were outstanding and that last one was to just get a race in before The Florida Derby. ( A paid workout) My money is on Dailed In all the way.
    If Jaycito goes to NYC, to run against Uncle Mo, my money will be on Jaycito only because Uncle Mo doesn't need it and Baffert knows that.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I think Dialed In is a pretty strong contender here. Ran okay in the two-turn debut, and obviously he was out more for the excercise than anything else. Also remember that he wsa facing older horses that day. The fact that he lost is no reason to throw him out of this one, or Derby consideration for that matter.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Uncle Mo doesn't need it? What? The horse has run 4 times. The most impressive was his BC Juv win other than that what has he really done? Beat nothing in the Champagne which was also a small field. And his only win/race this year has been against 4 other horses in an allowance race at a mile. You dont think he needs to run big in the wood? This horse will not know what hit him come Derby time with 19 other horses lined up with him. As for Dialed In, I like the horse and also like Zito but all the money he has been taking and is not a definite earnings wise to make it to the derby if he doesnt run well on Sunday. I will be using him for 2nd and 3rd in the Florida derby behind THAS. I will be going heavy on THAS in the Florida Derby
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Can't beat Soldat in my opinion. Soldat is tough every race and it will take a huge effort to beat him and I don't see Dialed In doing it.

THS and Stay Thirsty are graded stakes winners and Dialed In has to beat them both to even get into the Derby.

I know Soldat is a Derby horse I am not sure anyone else in here is. THS and Stay Thirsty will answer the question on Sunday.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Repole wants the wood almost as badly as the derby.. Why else would he be hosting a NYRA chat if it was a workout.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Uncle Mo is showing up to ANOTHER G1 race and he will beat whoever shows up. He can't change who shows up to get beat.