Rainbow 6 @ Gulfstream

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Someone on another forum brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and i just noticed Ed DeRosa bringing it up as well, so i might as well do it here.

If you gutys aren't familiar with the "Rainbow 6", it's a ridiculous Pick 6 wager where in order for there to be a payout of the complete pool, there can only be ONE winning ticket. Otherwise it carries over.

The thing is though, Closing Day is this coming Sunday, and of course there will be a mandatory payout that day, so everything gets paid out, even if there are multiple winning tickets, or even no winning tickets at all (5 out of 6 or whataever). The pool is currently up to $750,000, and will likely increase by a good bit on Florida Derby Day, since that is of course their biggest day of the year. So there figures to be something around a million-dollar-carryover on Sunday.

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Discreet---if That Carry's Over Until Sunday....then Every Tom And Harry Is Going To 10 Cent That Rainbow To Death.....don't Like That....all The Big Boys Will Do 'all' Until Its Hit....
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Racing continues @ GP until Sunday April 24 (Easter Sunday) with the last 3 Fridays being twilight racing.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Trotman wrote: »
    Racing continues @ GP until Sunday April 24 (Easter Sunday) with the last 3 Fridays being twilight racing.

Where have you been?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    For some reason I thought Gulfstream was closing this weekend. I guess because Keeneland is opening on Friday.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Me Too.......................but I Still Don't Like The One Win Only Concept.....