Keeneland Transylvania Longshot

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 9, 3yo 1 1/16 turf GIII

King is going to love this pick and I'm surprised he has not already put this one up!

#4 RONIN DAX, 15-1, Calif 3yo spent the winter getting to know new trainer David Vance while training on the grass in Tampa. King's buddy, Freddy Lenclud was aboard for all the works and Vance has been pointing this one for graded company since January. Comes in fresh, as do most others, but Vance has told some of his old friends at Oaklawn Park that this 3yo is VERY LIVE in today's feature. Freddy retains the mount and will be getting very busy coming for home. Some of the probable favorites in here are questionable, but must use based on pp's and connections.

I'm going to key #4 RONIN DAX in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with the 3/6/7/10 in tri and super plays!

Good Luck To All!

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    John----leaning To Clements Horse In Here...#6'adrirondack Summer'.....this Thunder Gulch Son Has Been Taking Good Steps...working Up To This Race..
    As We Know Vance Is Usually Secretive About His 'live' Horses....we've Seen This Over The Years...oaklawn...kentucky...louisianna...
    Pluck Has Some Nice Breeding And I Thought In Weeks Pass Would Try The Derby Trail Since A Good Dual Qualifier....
    I'll Use Your 4 With My 6,10,5.......good Luck....
    Assman...sorry Assmussen(inside Joke)....likes His Mdn In Last...#5 In Race 10
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Race 9, 3yo 1 1/16 turf GIII

King is going to love this pick and I'm surprised he has not already put this one up!

#4 RONIN DAX, 15-1, Calif 3yo spent the winter getting to know new trainer David Vance while training on the grass in Tampa. King's buddy, Freddy Lenclud was aboard for all the works and Vance has been pointing this one for graded company since January. Comes in fresh, as do most others, but Vance has told some of his old friends at Oaklawn Park that this 3yo is VERY LIVE in today's feature. Freddy retains the mount and will be getting very busy coming for home. Some of the probable favorites in here are questionable, but must use based on pp's and connections.

I'm going to key #4 RONIN DAX in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with the 3/6/7/10 in tri and super plays!

Good Luck To All!

I know the owners of this one and they have stated he is sitting on a carrer best today, watch the tote board. By the way Pluck have been outworking Animal Kingdom the impressive winner of the Vinery Spiral easily as of late for what it's worth.

fb
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Pluck may win this race by open lengths, but my understanding was that the owners want to ship him to Europe this summer for the BIG turf races in England and France. If that is the case, then Motion may just have him in here for a tune-up? Both Pluck and Ronin Dax ran against my colt last fall in either Woodbine, Summer Stakes or the Bourbon Stakes at Keeneland. My colt , later found out, had bone chips in both ankles and ran poorly. Pluck looked like a Breeders Cup winner should, and Ronin Dax , I believe, came in from DelMar with P. Val on board and ran a respectable race.

We tried to get my colt, FORUM, into a race on Sunday, but 16 were entered and we drew#15. May be brought back up next Wed at Keeneland. If so, LOOK OUT! He's been training great and really matured, but more important is that he is still VERY FAST!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Race 8 #6 MATTHEWSBURG ML 10-1
    Will also do a DD $3 6 with 4,6,10