Ramon Dominguez to Fantasy-ARIENZA

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Last fall at Breeders Cup, Ramon was on board of Joyful Victory. On Sunday, he will jump ship and take the mount on undefeated ARIENZA in the Grade II Fantasy Stakes at Oaklawn Park.

This will be the third Jock to handle the much talked about rising star. Michael Baze was aboard in her first outing, then Gabe Saez took over in her last around two turns. In both previous efforts. all the Jocks had to do was hold on , stay on the track, and don't fall off!

Sunday's Fantasy may require a little more of a polished ride, and my local OP people tell me that Ramon's Agent has been after this mount for the last two weeks. Take nothing away from the local Jock colony at OP, but when you can get Ramon you just have to!

In this small field I expect Arienza to inherit the lead by default on pure talent alone, and then try to hold off a furious late charge from Joyful Victory. This will be the first time that Arienza will be asked for her best, and Ramon certainly knows how to get the most from his mounts. I, for one, can't wait to see what she will do when asked for her best. This is some of the best looking horse flesh you will ever see!

Regardless of the outcome, this years Kentucky Oaks is shaping up to be one of the best in recent years.

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    John Are You That Impressed With Ramon..??? He Didn't Do Nothing At Florida...if Its Not New York Then Nothing...i Think He Has An Agent Problem.
    I Know He's Been On Some Of Assmussens Horses And Steve Wasn't Impressed.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    MIKE SMITH has forgot more about ridden horses than Ramon has ever learned. They have the right jock on the Oaks winner.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    A couple of years back I would have said Johnny V first, followed by Prado and Castellano. Something has gone wrong with Prado, maybe had something to do with the disaster at the Preakness aboard Barbaro.

Today, I would still put Johnny V. in first, followed by Ramon and Javier Castellano. I know he has his critics, and has been known to give head scratching rides on occasion, but overall he is one of the most sought after riders in the business today, and his agent has little to do in NY b/c he gets all the best mounts anyway.

Got to get off and get my bet down on your Cuvee horse @ Keeneland. FB just reported bad weather @ Lexington. Good luck today on your picks.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    FB:

Hard to knock your say on Mike Smith. I can't wait till tomorrow to see Mike Smith on Joyful Victory and Ramon on Arienza knocking heads down the stretch. I'm leaving later on tonight for Hot Springs because I have to do a family thing today. Don't these people realize we are right in the middle of some of the best racing of the year?

BTW, rain still coming down at Keeneland.