Will Uncle Mo hit the board in the Derby?

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
After reading Pletcher comments what a AHOLE (I'm Not Shocked but Disappointed), that whole camp is still in a state of shock and what happend last year to Big E is why Pletcher babied Uncle Mo this year. I came across Pletcher last year on the backside of CH during Oaks morning when I was with Donnie Richardson of CDI and this guy didn' even acknowledge us like we even existed. I don't talk about people but this was a big disrespect towards us. On the other hand John Sadler and Jerry H both welcomed us with open arms and brought us through there stalls and Jerry H let us take pictures with Blind Luck and this is at 7am on Oaks day and Sadler told us that Mona De Momma was ready to fire and I posted that for you all right here last year along with Steve Margolis two live colts. Karma is a bitch and Dutrow found out the hard way and now it looks as Pletcher has found out. Still cannot believe he won the derby last year with Super Saver.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    i cant stand his ass....he is a big snot..lol..when you are in the public eye like he is and with horse racing not being so popular to people anymore you kinda have to be a ambassador to the sport and be nice to people...i know people come around looking for info about your horses but come on dude....he has been a shady shit head for sometime now (life at ten)....i said it awhile ago that i would take baffert over pletcher everyday of the week...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    i cant stand his ass....he is a big snot..lol..when you are in the public eye like he is and with horse racing not being so popular to people anymore you kinda have to be a ambassador to the sport and be nice to people...i know people come around looking for info about your horses but come on dude....he has been a shady shit head for sometime now (life at ten)....i said it awhile ago that i would take baffert over pletcher everyday of the week...

I have meet Baffert several times and this guy is as cool as they come, great for the game and a better trainer than Todd ever will be. Baffert is just low key now, picks and choses his horses.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Agreed:

I ran into Baffert last year during Derby week at the Crown Plaza in Louisville, he was with his wife and son and he could not have been any nicer. He took the time to humor me and come into the bar to meet a couple of friends who were with me. Talked at will about Lookin at Lucky and life's ups and downs.

Pletcher, at one time, was the same. But in recent years has become somewhat reclusive and comes across as a arrogant SOB. He could use some PR help!

I'm sitting on Lake Hamilton getting blown away by the wind, but it should be a fast track today at Oaklawn. Some rain possible.

After yesterday, I'm starting to wonder if Joyful Victory and Arienza should worry about the other two horses? Can't wait!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Met Zito a few years back seemed like a nice guy.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Hey Guys----its Hard To Be An Owner...i've Had The Likes Of Chop Chop Tomahawk...drop Your Drawers...i'm A Forceoften..sarah's Quest...some Times The'weasels' Get To Ya....that's Why I Mostly Breed Today......
    I Grew Up In Jack Van Berg's Backyard In Nebraska...jack Done Some Funny Things In His Time Too...i Know John And King Being Around Oaklawn Know.....
    I Knew Lucas As A High School Coach...quarter Horse Trainer In South Dakota...then Onto A Thoroughbred Trainer...a Very Down To Earth Gentlemen...

Only One I Would Say To Be Out Of Line Is Richard Dutrow....pletcher Is Getting There...but He Thinks He's 'untouchable'...

John And King Probably Remeber John Franks Or Cw 'cracker 'walker'....if Our Industry Carried On Their ..humor..accessibility..and Mannerism...then All Horse Racing Would Be Better From Racing To Sportsmanship....
  • horshumaguhorshumagu Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    The Wood is a toss, and might be just what Mo needs. Dialed In becomes the favorite by default, but Tobys Corner came home faster. The picture is very muddled. All the top contenders in the Derby are gonna have at least one race that will be called a toss. He still has shown as much as any of these others have shown, and we know he likes the surface at CD.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    I wouldn't bet on it.:surrender:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Why would a multiple G1 winner and dominate winner ON THE TRACK hit the board ? Silly.
    edited April 2011
    He was a Monster as a 2yr old it's obvious he just isn't the same & it's a shame, as they say horses are like strawberries they can spoil overnight.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Funny they said the exact same thing back in 1973.
    edited April 2011
    I hope Uncle Mo comes around & gets that hoof taken care of-- the one I read in a earlier post.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I think it's less than a 50% chance, for sure.