Oaklawn Sunday-Droppers Galore!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
As we wind down to the end of the meet, there are several in today who are dropping to levels which defy all logic. The connections want $$$ and the number of claims this meet is down considerably. Take a good look at these!

Race 1: 6 with 2/7

Race 2: 8/11/12

Race 3: #1

Race 4: key 7 with 3/5/9

Race 5: 1-5-8

Race 7: Key 2 with 1-3-5

Race 8: 1-6-10

Race 9: Best Bet of Day: 4/8 4/8 3/6

Some of these plays are mine only, so be careful, but most come from a major OP player and his info has been right on most of the time.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! If you get a chance, don't miss the Fantasy at 6:47 EDT

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    John----agree With Ya On Race 7...talked To Chris Richard On The Maggi Moss Horse#2...thinks He Has The Best Chance Today.....getting Ready For Iowa...prairie Meadows..!!!!!!!! Big Claiming Day Today............

I Like The #5 In Race 3 To Let You Know.............................
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Husker:

You were right on with the # 5 in the 3rd!
    My day did not work out too good. Did hit the best bet tri $110.00

After watching Joyful Victory run yesterday, I got the feeling that Larry Jones would enter her in the Derby. She has no distance limitations as she ran out in a strong manner. Arienza is no slouch, but very inexperienced. She will be ok. No doubt Joyful Victory will be the fav in the Oaks. Had it not been for the Eight Bells disaster for Jones and owner Porter, I think Jones would consider a run for the roses, but no way after the Eight Bells thing.

My colt didn't draw into the race at Keeneland yesterday, but the racing secretary brought the race back this Wednesday. Race #3 going 1 1/16 on turf. We will see how good of work they do at Rood & Riddle as we are clearly at a conditioning disadvantage. However, Weaver insists that he looked as good as anything training last month at Palm Meadows. We'll see, hooked pretty tough in here by a Neil Howard horse who ran well at FG and several others who are eyeing stakes company. If he runs ok first back, we will strongly consider the American Turf Classic GII $200,000.00 on Friday Oaks day at CD. No doubt FORUM will show early speed, just a matter of if he can sustain that speed first back off the surgery and a long time off.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Mr. John will are so lucky this year as Pletcher filly R Heat Lighting will be the favorite in the Oaks, and we will pounce on the overlay in Joyful Victory. Joyful Victory is good but this Friday you are going to see the best US Handicapp horse has right now and that is Joyful Victory elder stable mate and it's a shame all the big girls backed out of the race on Friday no price on her probably till the BC Races in November, I was ready to pop the string off my BR on Friday and just another dissappointment as of late in getting a big wager down.

fb
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Did you see the time of the Sunday workout? 57.80 5f. Jones said that the exercise rider targeted the wrong horse, then all hell broke out on the track as everyone tried to get the hell out of her way!

What news do you have about who's coming and who's not?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Did you see the time of the Sunday workout? 57.80 5f. Jones said that the exercise rider targeted the wrong horse, then all hell broke out on the track as everyone tried to get the hell out of her way!

What news do you have about who's coming and who's not?

It looks as Blind Luck and Evening Jewel have backed off and I don't think Ravi Song from the FG is going to show up now. The only comp will be Switch and the distance is too far for her IMO, might be just a 5-6 horse field. That is plain sad for the Apple Blossom not to draw more runners than that.