Keeneland Wednesday Race 3

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
3yo alw nw1x 1 1/16 turf $54,000.00

DISCLAIMER:

I own a partnership interest in this colt. Hence, I have about $32,400.00 worth of interest in this race(winners share of purse). That being said, away we go!

#2 FORUM, 6-1
Speedy colt comes back after 185 days on shelf. Broke maiden last summer at Spa in a race which probably led to bone chips in both front ankles. Any return to previous form would smoke this group. Weaver reported today that he is ready to fire a big one in return. He feels that Forum has landed in a field with no early speed and that we can steel this race on or near the front end. He foresees Forum up along the rail just behind the #5 Plainview, and Forum should take over entering the final turn and pull away under Javier Castellano. There are many in here who will come late, but by then Forum should be clear, and any return to pre-injury speed figures makes him a major player at a fair price.

#3 CLOSE ALLY, 7/2
comes out of a key race, closed well against Great Mills and Wilcoxin at FG. Can't leave this dead closer out of exotics.

#4 COZY KITTEN, 5/2
ml fav tried running closer in last and gave way. Against FORUM, expect the same. A possible throw-out?

#6 WASHINGTON RULES, 5-1
Got smoked in Sam Davis but came back in alw to run ok. Spotty works since are a question. A return to Jan GP form is unlikely.

#1 TWOJOHNSANDAJACK, 9/2
Speed figures against these are average at best.

#7 MR UNCLE NED, 5-1
Appears to be over his head against the others.

#3 FORUM w/p
ex bx 2/3/5

GOOD LUCK TO FORUM, AND ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    All systems on go!

Granted, in his first race back off the bone chip surgery you really just want to see how he moves and if he digs in and lowers his head and has that racehorse mentality, especially the last 1/8, but I really think he has a good chance in here today.

If this colt is going to be the stakes runner we all think he can be, today is the day to show it!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Soft turf? Will it affect him or they think he can handle. As always we appreciate your input on this site.

fb
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    John----like Yours Today Also.....taking Your #2 With The 7,4,5......i Like The 7 In Here... Good Luck....................
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    3rd Race -- OFF the turf; will be run at 1 1/16 miles on the main track
    Now what is your opionion please on this race.
    Thanks
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    randyf wrote: »
    3rd Race -- OFF the turf; will be run at 1 1/16 miles on the main track
    Now what is your opionion please on this race.
    Thanks
    I'M STAYING WITH MY 2,4,5....#7 WAS SCRATCHED.....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Where was the Captain My Captain thread?