Race 1 at Gulfstream / Thursday

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
There are 3 top riders in here and 3 trainers with good numbers on Maiden Claimers and the best riders are riding on the top trainers horses.

Paco is on the 4 Carrietta and J Bravo is on the 9 Dancinginthewings and Jara is on the 11 Henny Betty with blinkers.

The 11 is the horse to beat here and Pletcher has great numbers with first time blinkers but I am not buying it. His work on dirt was slow and the drop here is too much for me to swallow.

The 4 Carrietta is the morning line favorite but he has worked out only once since his last and it was slow.

My pick for the win is the 9 Dancinginthewings he should improve 3rd time out and he has 2 works since racing Carrietta and the last was a bullet. Getting J Bravo can only help. Good luck.:cool2:

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Ill play my pick #5 REAL FORTUNA ML 5-1 with an exacta top and bottom with your 4,9,11
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Nice post Draynay, share some of your handicapping ideas once ina while.

I would suggest however that you don't focus in so much on whether a horse's workouts are fast or slow. Fast drills, while generally positive, aren't necessarily an indication of how well a horse worked. Pletcher, for one, tends to work his horses somewhat slow. How many bullets have you seen from Uncle Mo?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    after watching him in the Wood maybe a few bullets wouldn't hurt.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Hope you played the exacta too. Paid a little better than a straight win bet.