A Discreet Cat winner!!!

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I gave this one out on my site today, and it holds a special place in my heart....Go DC!

Santa Anita - Race 1

#2 Son de America (6/1 ml)

I think this might be the first Discreet Cat offspring i've seen. But anyway, this Marcelo Polanco filly has reportedly been training pretty sharply for this, and note that Polanco is using a rider that he's 1-for-3 with, as opposed to his other entrant, with whom he's using a rider that's apparently new to him. Wouldn't surprise me if the Discreet Cat runners turn out to be precocious (as he certainly was), and i think this one looks as strong as anything else in here, at what looks to be a pretty solid price. Good value.

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Congrats!!
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Nice one DC. Heres another, although Im sure you saw it. More Discreet (3-1 ML) goes in the first at Keenland today .
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, i saw More Discreet was entered. I guess we can expect to see a lot of these popping up in the months to come. Regarding More Discreet, he had some nice works, but i was afraid of the Ward horse on the rail. Turns out that one scratched, and the other Ward horse won the race. Same jock was named on both, so one was scratching for sure. Ward always does that, not sure why. Makes it hell to handicap a race when you don't know which one is running.