Weather

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Say a prayer for us here in Arkansas... my best friend and his entire family lives in Vilonia and his grandparents got completely wiped out. 60-70 missing in vilonia alone when i woke up this morning. Tornados all over the place last night. my family in hot springs didn't get any damage but everyone is out of school today because of power outages and trees across the road. say a quick prayer. supposed to be bad/if not worse tonight.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    My prayers are with you all. Give us a heads up with we can help with anything.

FB
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    At least 60 people missing from tornados? Good grief! Hope everyone is okay...
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    King---keep Us Posted .got Relatives In Malvern.....got Some Land Around Both Lake De Gray And Lake Catherine...I Know Arkladelphia Always Gets Hit...
    Our Thoughts And Prayers Are With You All.........
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    God Bless you and family King. Have relatives in little rock
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    hey fellas. thanks for the prayers. only 4 people were killed in vilonia, and that is a miracle. if this would have happened in the middle of the night, you could put it into the 100s. if you have facebook you can see the pictures i took today. Facebook
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    King,

Glad to hear all is not as bad as it could have been.

I've been away for the last 3 days tending to properties. If I ever see a shop vac again it will be too soon!

Who the hell would have ever thought that on top of the Ozark Plateau that we would have flooding and softball size hail? I'v got two Land Rovers that are a complete total loss and untold property damage to my office and a house I'm renovating. However, nobody was hurt and nothing like Vilonia got hit with.

Bad news is it is still raining, and all this weather is heading to Kentucky where it will be up in the air if anyone can get on the track in the next few days. It looks like the ones who stayed in Lexington are the smart ones(Animal Kingdom) as at least they can work on the poly.

BTW, I'm sick and fucking tired of cleaning up debris so I will look for a good play today at Keeneland!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    prayers are with you and the south right now with these darn tornado's....praying for the best..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I just heard that Roy Oswalt left the Phillies because of the tornados. He has a home and family in Mississippi.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    we are currently under tornado warnings here in baltimore.....my buddy lives in tenn and posted a pic on facebook of hail that was coming down and it was about 5 times the size of a quarter..crazy..