Keeneland 5th Friday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
clm $30k n2l 1 1/8 3yo up

This race has an absolute standout who will be short priced but he towers above the rest.

#11 INK, 3-1
Drops back into clm race where he has found success. If Freddy Lenclud gets away to an easy lead, and he should, this horse should go w2w. Overall speed figures makes this on a major play!

#1/1A McPeek entry has Garcia listed on both, but either/or are playable below

#4 GHOSTWALKING, 4-1,
2nd off layoff. Expensive well bred could challenge late.

#5 LOOK PURRRFECT, 5-1
Decent late speed figures

THE PLAY:

Win/Place #11
ex & Tri key 11--1/4/5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    John----like Your 11 In Race 5.....playing The 6,1 With It......

Little Insight........amoss Likes His 'starlite Starbrite' ...#5...in Race 8...using With 2,4
    Playing Heavy On #5....

What's Your Picks On The 'Elkhorn'??????....race 9........

Looks To Me #8-'Rahy's Attorney' Is Only Spd On The Soft Turf...he Should Control The Soft Front End And Hold Off The Closers In The Stretch......using The 11,2,6 With It....BOXING
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    The ELKHORN looks like an endurance test. I can't get away from a 8-11 for top honors, with the 3-6-10 battling for ,minor rewards.

#10 TELLING, is owned by Alex Lieblong, Commissioner of the Arkansas Racing Commission. Problem is he only wins the Sword Dancer at Saratoga, which he has won the past two years. However, Hobby has him ready for a good effort and hopes that A.P. blood will show up.

I am going to play a tri 8/11--8/11-- with 3/6/10 and probably do the same with a super.

Good Luck Today!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    husker70 wrote: »
    John----like Your 11 In Race 5.....playing The 6,1 With It......

Little Insight........amoss Likes His 'starlite Starbrite' ...#5...in Race 8...using With 2,4
    Playing Heavy On #5....

What's Your Picks On The 'Elkhorn'??????....race 9........

Looks To Me #8-'Rahy's Attorney' Is Only Spd On The Soft Turf...he Should Control The Soft Front End And Hold Off The Closers In The Stretch......using The 11,2,6 With It....BOXING
    #6 scratched...subbing the #4.........
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    $50.00 winner for George Weaver in the 4th today...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Yuck. I had $20 to win on the horse that ran second at a big price. His stretch run was impeded a couple times.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    The $50.00 winner was trained by George "Rusty" Arnold, who had a streak of winning a race at both the spring and fall Keeneland meet since 1986. Going into yesterday, he had been shut-out, but this longshot winner kept his streak alive.

What can I say about the poor performance put forth yesterday by INK in the tout at Keeneland. I was so surprised that I called a friend in Lexington and asked him to find out what happened. He reports that INK grabbed a quarter out of the gate and lost a shoe. INK came back with a good sized cut and bleeding quite a bit. Talk about bad luck!

As of yesterday, I am officially never going to bet another Tom Amoss trained horse again! Shitlight Shitbright went off at 3/5 and ran like a $3,200 TP claimer.

Feature today at Churchill is a dandy, but looks like there are three(3) who deserve a strong look. Will post later with trackside info.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I'm sorry, i must've mis-read that. I was thinking it was Weaver.

For what it's worth, the winner had worked heads-up from the gate recently with a horse named I Like It.