Derby Rumor?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
My friend at CD just called and said he just saw Angel Cordero coming from UM stable area and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. My friend thinks something is going to be announced today, but you know how these rumors grow and multiply. Based on what he saw, my friend thinks that UM will sct and that Angel is trying to get johnny the mount on animal Kingdom for a questionable Albarado.

My take on all of this is that my buddy is sleep deprieved and starting to lose touch with reality. However, it all makes for good HRT forum chatter. Stay tuned, my friend is headed to the backside kitchen where rumors really fly!

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I want 3 egss over easy and I hope the card I handicapped is easy. I"M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Kitchen rumor is that UM was seen and tests were run yesterday by 3 or 4 different Vets. Repole told his people that Pletcher has the final say and that they will make an announcement around 9:30 EDT today. Stay tuned?
    edited May 2011
    Picture this:

UM is warming up and Donna Brothers of NBC comes up along side and asks Johnny V. how he's doing and JV replies that he seems sluggish. Where have we seen this before?
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Either Cordero is grandstanding or PLETCHER is going to burn the publics money again...w2w
    edited May 2011
    Well Shit! I guess I owe my friend an apology cause he was right on with his info this morning.

At this point, other than AAA, I will be pulling for Sway Away to sweep the Preakness & Belmont Stakes.
    edited May 2011
    WOW!

Johnny Velasquez takes the mount on Animal Kingdom

Just announced on CD live coverage
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Spot-on. Thank you.