CD 6th 1:19 edt

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
OK,, I have enough egg on my face and I've eaten enough crow for my Joyful Victory defeat in the Oaks, but who's going to let one bad race keep them from coming right back? Today is a new day.

BTW, my friend in louisville had dinner last night with Danny Peitz and he is pissed off beyond belief at Ramon Dominguez for his ride on Arienza. He said Peitz had to bite his tongue during the news conference when asked about her dismal performance. Absolutely certain to see a jock change when she runs next.

CD 6th
5f turf sprint

Perhaps the best trainer on any circuit today is Brett Calhoun. This young guy is a no-nonsense hard worker who brings his horses up to a race in the best condition that they can be. Today he sends out ml fav #5 CHAMBERLAIN BRIDGE, 2-1, and Brett told my friend that this one is as good as ever and he would be shocked if this one is not a winner. That is bold talk in a tough race but it comes from a stand-up trainer who does not throw words around without truly believing them to be true.

On paper, it appears that there are 4 others who should offer a challenge, unfortunately, most are also short priced. Hence:

#5 to win/place
tri & super key 5---2/3/7/8

GOOD LUCK TODAY!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Gl today, John.

HAPPY DERBY DAY EVERYONE!!!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Good Luck Too John...I'm Not A Ramon Lover Either....seems To Not Win Unless Its In New York.....for Whatever Reason...he Wins A Few...but Very Few......I'm Betting Chamberlain Bridge With The 8,2.....and Hvy On Chamberlain...and Very Heavy Double With The #7 In R7...'Hilda's Passion.'..really Like Her....gl
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Husker,

Agree on the #8, the Pletcher/Johnny V. horse looks super tough and I am certain he will be the post time fav.

I'm looking at your horse in the 9th, #4 Capt Cherokee, what do you hear? I was about to post a tout on this race but the more I look it appears to be the hardest race today, You either think speed will hold or you look for the closers. My friend in KY seems to think speed kills in here today and he likes the closers, 1--2--4--12

I know Cot loves #1 Aikenite, but hates the rail draw. Johnny will have to manuver him out into the track and set him up for his big late run. Problem is that by then he may have spotted the others 5 or 6 lengths, will be hard to get there if the speed holds.

Hilda's Passion, #7 in the 7th, is a single on most plays today and will see a good deal of my $$$$.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TODAY!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Agree John Tough Race Like Race 5 Also....they Tell Me West Coast Horses Will Do Fine...IKnow The Breeding On Smiling Tiger...not A Big Bet...but Very Alive In Here.....like The 2,12,4....some Nice Ones Racing At Holly Today....can't Forget That Track Either...
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited May 2011
    Looks like Chamberlain Ridge got some of the worst of it last out. Though, Great Attack was with him early and did hold on better. But he figures to run from just off the pace today and get a much better trip.

Pletcher's horse figures to be tough. But there's some speed in here and he probably will have to try to do it on the front end. He's definitely vulnerable, in that sense, and he'll be the chalk. A longshot here is Southern Region (#4). He figures to get a nice stalking trip. Just a matter of whether he'd good enough. Worth a win bet @ > 20:1. (and in exotics)