Paging KINGOFTHERAPIDS

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
King,
What are you hearing from Lynn Whiting?

My people in New York are talking about the other Uncle, not Mo, but Uncle Brent.

For those of you who may not be informed on this one, he was privately purchased in Jan/Feb following a good looking win at Oaklawn Park. The new owner was none other than Chuckie Cella, owner of Oaklawn.

My gut feeling is that Chuckie has him pointed to being in peak form for the Saratoga meet so Chuckie can pump his chest in front of his ultra wealthy racing buddies. However, Uncle Brent is entered in Saturday's PETER PAN STAKES @ Belmont. FYI, Lynn Whiting will never ship a horse to New York just for the hell of it. My New York connections think Cella/Whiting are expecting a big performance Saturday and then point Uncle Brent to the Belmont Stakes. The bloodlines on Uncle Brent show plenty of speed and a shitload of stamina, so who knows what kind of horse he might be. One thing for sure though, Lynn Whiting does not fuck around and if this one runs on Sat(weather?) don't leave him off of your tickets!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I forgot to mention that Uncle Brent drew #2 and is listed at 4-1. More importantly, Johnny Velazquez takes the mount!

Quite a few Oaklawn Park horses entered in this race. Should be a good one!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    He wins for fun, I was told his work during KY Derby week was like a WILD BEAST. I'm sitting on him big on Saturday.

fb
    edited May 2011
    BTW, the hat looks great. Thanks again!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    BTW, the hat looks great. Thanks again!

My pleasure.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Was leaning a bit towards Prime Cut but if the 2 of you are on this one Im right behind you!
    edited May 2011
    MIKE,

I will have Prime Cut in my 3 horse ex bx. This one is super live in here today for Neil Howard, who is somewhat surprised with the progress this one has made over the past 4 months. He was Howard's second tier just 3 months ago behind Wilkinson and (brain fart?) but has come on nicely. Any improvement puts this one in the mix, and the price will be square!
    Good Luck!
    edited May 2011
    MACHEN,
    now I feel better, these temporary brain farts are really starting to make me do weird things, like play a 3 horse ex in the Peter Pan with

UNCLE BRENT
    PRIME CUT
    ALTERNATION

I realize this play totally ignores the local NY entries, but I think the shippers are in great form and have been competing against better.

GOOD LUCK!
    edited May 2011
    Also, I checked on the work FB referred to and am told that Angel was present for the drill and immediately went after the mount for Johnny. (Uncle Brent)

Alternation will be coming late, or Ramon will screw it up and send him out too fast, who knows what the hell Dominguez will do as he clearly does not listen to the owners/trainers.

I am probably dead wrong, but I think Adios Charlie is terribly overrated in here today, but he will insure that the others are a square price. Joe Vann comes in from a graded Stakes win against others who couldn't win against non-winnersx2l at most other tracks. No wonder Johnny jumps ship to get on Uncle Brent!
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Alternation by a whisker over Adios Charlie