PARX Monday, yea I said Parx Race 7 2:56 edt

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Mdn $45k 3 & up $45,000 purse 6 furlongs Penn Bred

Very good state bred race for a Monday with some who belong and many who do not.
I've been sitting on this info for a few days waiting for this race. Bruce Levine sends out #1 Cortado, the 5/2 ml fav, who has been on an off-track twice and failed miserably. Pray for rain!

#2 FEAR MONGER, 8-1

Trainer Chris Grove had this one ready for a big effort last summer for his debut when he encountered bone chip. Been working since March and Grove thinks enough of this 3yo with A.P. Indy/Mr. Prospector bloodlines to throw him up against some good ones. Go to Jock J. D. Acosta will sit off a speed battle up front and angle him out for his late run in the stretch drive. Grove says his works at Bowie are better than they look on paper and this firster is very live in here today!

#8 MR. VALENTINE, 7/2
Fits well in here. Turf to dirt move and should have something left for the stretch drive.

#9 CALVIN'S DREAM, 9/2
Should show early speed and will try to take this group as far as he can on the lead. Off track and speed dual may hurt him at the wire.

#2 w/p/s

ex box 2--8--9

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    So much for getting a price!

Levine sct #1 due to off-track, and 6,7,11 also sct.

Won't get the price we hoped for!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    A winner is a winner, let's pull this one home.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    J D Acosta did everything he was told to do, a rare trait in jockeys today!

Firster angled out early and ran a great race, but could close no ground late on the early speed. Ran a very good 2nd.
    Calvin's Dream went w2w and was not to be denied. The w/p/s on my pick was ok and the ex paid around $27.00 and I played the tri which came back around $55.00 with the fav running 3rd.

Problem was #2 Fear Monger was bet down to around 7/2.

Better luck next time!