Indiana Downs vs. Churchill Downs

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Have you noticed how many horses stabled at CD are vaning up to race at Indiana Downs?

On today's card alone, you have top trainers like Howard, Amoss, Calhoun, and many others coming North to run for purses ranging from $32k to around $40k.

This can't bode well for the remainder of the CD meet as no doubt we will begin to see smaller fields.

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    John--- That's The Way Of Horse Racing In The 'slot Machine' States...you Should See Louisianna...'needle Country' Usa...$2,500 Claimers...running For $25,000/ $40,000 ....not Honest At All...trainers Trade Off....if You Know What I Mean........
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    You wouldn't never catch me playing a single dollar at Delta, La. Downs, or Evangeline. A complete joke, myself and my buddies call them FUN tracks and I cannot post what that means on this forum. I will make a wager when I'm told, you know what I mean!!!

fb
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    The payouts are on wild swings from one race to the next. Very good then very poor. I never forget one night making this play at delta downs like 6 or 7 years ago. Thsi horse Uncle Tony that is the 3rd favorite at 6-1 in like a 10 or 11 horse field. I like alot and cant see anyone else close in the race. I play him to win for $20 and wheel him on the top of an exacta. He comes in 1st and the 2nd place is this 65-1 longshot. Im thinking damn for $3 this could be close to a signer. $178 for $2. Needless to say I was pissed at the payout. Thats Delta Downs.