Preakness the way I see it

IH8PATDAYIH8PATDAY Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
My two cents on the Preakness:

#11 Animal Kingdom: Unless he bounces to the moon as some people suggest, I really see no real reason why he doesn't win right back. Very impressive turn of foot in The Derby and has the perfect stalk and pounce style to win this race. In retrospect, looking at his pp's the horse has not run a bad race and has the looks of the real deal. He is versatile enough to stay close if the pace is slow and explosive enough to run down the leaders if there is a hot pace. Being so lightly raced I suppose there is a chance he will regress off a career best race but the true quality horses seem to avoid this problem and I think he is that kind of horse and wins here today and it's on to Belmont to chase the elusive Triple Crown.

#9 Mucho Macho Man: I did not like this horse at all going into the Derby, but he certainly showed me he is a tough horse and a fighter. I don't think he would have beat AK that day but he never stopped trying and in these races that it a major factor. To me he seems like the type of horse that will always be there but just not good enough to win consistently. That being said if AK falters today, this horse is the likely winner and should make a good account of himself either way.

#13 Concealed Identity:Not sure this one even belongs in the race, as this is a major step up in class for him. He is the only horse in the field to run at Pimlico and is 2 for 2 over the surface. He is in the best form of his life and is working well coming up to the race. Don't really see him winning the race although not impossible but there always seems to be a local horse who runs big in The Preakness and I think this is the one to do it today. I'm not at all impressed by anyone else in the field and this one can jump up and complete a nice exacta or trifecta at a good price, imo.

This is where my money will be today, don't really see alot of value in it but I got to go with who I feel is best. And the top two look best to me.

The wildcards in this race to me are Midnight Interlude, I liked this horse alot in the Derby and he just ran horribly. The Santa Anita Derby seems not be the prep it usually is and horses coming out of that race did not run well next out. So why is Baffert here? It's not like him to just run horses for the hell of it. I know he was not happy with Espinoza's ride and goes to Garcia today. I have to much respect for Bob to completely toss but he would have to have a major turn around to compete today. ?????

#10 Dialed In: He didn't have the right running style to win The Derby and I don't think he can win today running that way. It is what it is and you can't change him now. So is Zito just here to chase the 5 million dollar bonus? Absolutely!! On the off chance the race completely falls apart and he plods by all of them for the win. I guess for 5 mill its worth a chance but he just does not have the turn of foot to win this race.

#4 Flashpoint: He is the speed of the speed for sure. He should be on the front end winging it and if a couple of the above don't show up today I guess he could run them off their feet and steal it. I doubt it big time. His breeding, Pomeroy out of a Two Punch mare says he wants no part of this distance. Horses sometimes out run their breeding but I'm not sure this is the one to do it. I think he could be a tremendous sprinter and he will take them as far as he can go but I don't think that will help him that much today.

As it usually seems to be The Preakness looks to be the easiest to handicap of the three races. If the top two show up and do their thing, the rest are running for minor awards. I don't give anyone else much of a shot but it is a horse race and like always anything can happen. That's the way I see and Best of luck today to everyone. Hope your cashin, not trashin. peace

Comments