St Trinians

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited November 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Worst Dq in California history. Unreal. Especially if you bet a $400 double from her to the next easy winner.

Please call CHRB and complain.

916-263-2000

Let them know we want the best horse to stay up. We don't give two fucks about all the acting and faking going on around.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I've had 20 people put in calls to CHRB, not one of whom thinks the contact with was even close to that of Twirling Candy or Game on Dude this year. I might push for a public summit to address this bullshit, beacuse i was wronged, and aside from a refund, I want public appology.

Trinians NEVER SHOULD HAVE LOST, shame looks amazing back on the track

If you disagree let me know, But it appears Flores' grandstanding on the inside horse may have caused ALL the problems as he did the FAKE pull up job.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Not just DQ'd, but DQ'd completely off the board. Just disgraceful. She was lugging in a little bit, but nothing too extreme.
    edited May 2011
    I mean fuck, she's back in good form, loves synthetic, is basically a gimme. She certainly DID not cost the 3rd horse a shot. David did that when he pulled up and ducked in.

Regardless, she was 10 lengths best is she tried. That BS cost me about 6k total. The absurdly nice price on MAY DAY ROSE was a gift, sot least I ended on a good note.
    edited May 2011
    I'm gonna make an effort to track down the stewards' home telephone numbers as well. That way we can call them during dinner so the get the fucking point.
    edited May 2011
    Ok if this fucking whore Chantal doesn't comedown right now these guys are killing me.
    edited May 2011
    Ok, the Chantal thing was fine, i was just flipped out. But iv'e had 30 or 40 respected players leave messages .I expect they return calls Monday or it's only gonna get horse. I might even hire a calling and lobby firm until they admit that this call is way out of line. I'll cite Twirling Candy as a reference until I'm blue in the face.
    edited May 2011
    As much as I hate mainstream media too, my publicist might have a certain Harvey Levin mention possible cheating and a cover up on TMZ. Not my first choice, but that gets the ball rolling..
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    You're kidding, right? St. Trinians came in at least three full paths. Looks like an easy DQ on the head-on, regardless if she was the best horse or not. She impeded at least one horse if not more. At best, she should have been DQ'd to second place.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I had Setsuko in that race and thought sure I was going to get put up that day. Myself and a couple of other HRT posters were in a tourney and we had the highest winning number that day mostly on that race.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Not to anger Dirty even more........but She's Cheeky took up cause she got smacked in the nose with Flores' whip. He held it out way wide and as soon as he nailed her, looked back immediately. She's Cheeky lost a placing ultimately because of Flores on Ultra Blend.
    edited May 2011
    I didn't think St Trinians deserved to be taken down. I don't think she came in that dramatically, and i certainly don't think it affected the outcome.

Back to the SA Derby, i didn't think Game On Dude should've been taken down either. There was definitely big contact, but it was all caused by Twirling Candy (who incidentally is back in training these days). I don't think you can penalize Game On Dude for something that Twirling Candy did. I understand the frustratiion from Setsuko backers, as he got kind of shafted there, but i think it was the right call by the stewards.

Bottom line, once those numbers start flashing, you never know what those guys are going to do. All you can do is hold your breath and hope for the best...
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    From DRF.com:

INGLEWOOD, Calif. – St Trinians will have a different rider for the Grade 1 Vanity Handicap on June 18, trainer Mike Mitchell confirmed Tuesday. The 6-year-old mare won the Grade 2 Milady Handicap on Saturday, but was disqualified from first and placed fourth after drifting in under the right-handed whip of jockey Joe Talamo.

“They all make mistakes,” Mitchell said. “I love Joe, but I’m going to have to make a change. She had the whole outside of the track, and she will respond to a left-handed whip.”

St Trinians was outside her rivals in the stretch, but under the right-hand whip she drifted inward and caused She’s Cheeky to steady between horses and fall from third to fourth. The stewards ruled the incident cost She’s Cheeky the chance for a better placing. St Trinians was disqualified and placed behind that rival in fourth. The original runner-up Ultra Blend inherited the win.

“The fact I came in wasn’t that bad,” Talamo said. “I think the chain reaction, where [She’s Cheeky] had to take up was the reason. It was sort of the wrong place at the wrong time for all of us.”

The stewards suspended Talamo three days (May 28-30) for “failure to make the proper effort to maintain a straight course in the stretch, and causing interference.”

The Milady would have been the 2,500th career win for Mitchell, who reached the milestone Sunday when One Bad Romance won race 1 under Talamo.

“The milestone was great, but the stake would have been more important,” Mitchell admitted.

The good news is 6-year-old St Trinians came out the race in good shape. Mitchell said he will point her to the Vanity, a Grade 1 expected to include Blind Luck, Switch, and Miss Match. St Trinians finished second to Zenyatta in the 2010 Vanity. Mitchell said he was “working on” finding a rider for St Trinians.
    edited November 2016
    Bump for today's longshot @ Churchill

:eating: