Short field for the Belmont?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Out of the Preakness, it appears that only Shackleford, Animal Kingdom, and MMM are headed for the Belmont. Also, i believe Nehro (2nd in Derby) and Master of Hounds (5th in the Derby) are pointing to the race.

That's only 5 that i know of, although i'm sure we'll hear some other names during the next week or two.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I heard Prime Cut and Alternation. Pletcher will probably throw one of his horses in there
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    There will be at least ten horses in the field. Alternation will win.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Some plodding mule will win, they might as well make it 2 miles.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Gotham S. (G3) winner STAY THIRSTY (Bernardini) had his first breeze Sunday since a 12th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby (G1), covering a half-mile over the fast main track at Belmont Park in :47 4/5, second-fastest of 70 at the distance. Following the work, owner Mike Repole confirmed that the Todd Pletcher trainee is being pointed for the Belmont S. (G1) on June 11.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    i think im going to be like most of these horses and past on the belmont...prolly will play some poker at delaware park though....love to hear your guys selections cause i have no view on the race..havent cashed on the belmont since afleet alex..
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited May 2011
    I think Jaycito is pointing to the Belmont too.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Leaning towards Alternation. Should be 15-1 or higher that day.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Jaycito? Really? I thought he was out of action for a while...