Does Animal Kingdom Looks Like a Winner for Belmont?

YrighthorsYrighthors Junior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
:wonder:
I wonder will Animal Kingdom will win at Belmont? I won't to put my money on this, but I do not know if this is the right choice now. What do you think?

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    We still don't know if he is even going to run, keep your eyes glued to the Belmont thread as I will have updates on all possiblies till race day. But if he gets in the gate he will have a real shot, because Motion don't run horse back if they are short.

gl, fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I always like to look at the race on paper before i make any final decisions, but right now i'd have to say that Animal Kingdom looks like a pretty solid favorite. Several of us here @ HRT liked him a good little bit heading into the Derby (or were at least open to the idea of him winning), and of course he ran great. It should also be noted that the Derby, a career-best for him, also happened to be his first start on dirt. He then came back to run big again in the Preakness, missing by a half-length at the wire simply because he ran out of ground.

So here we have a horse who is obviously thriving at the moment, something that coincides with both dirt surfaces, and also his two longest career races. He figures to be closer up in the Belmont due top the slower pace, something that will more closelt resemble his big Derby win (and also maybe the Spiral @ Turfway) rather than the Preakness, so that's good too i think.

Another i'll be looking at pretty closely in the weeks ahead is Master of Hounds (5th in the Derby). I'm sure we'll be talking about him later.
    edited May 2011
    I always like to look at the race on paper before i make any final decisions, but right now i'd have to say that Animal Kingdom looks like a pretty solid favorite. Several of us here @ HRT liked him a good little bit heading into the Derby (or were at least open to the idea of him winning), and of course he ran great. It should also be noted that the Derby, a career-best for him, also happened to be his first start on dirt. He then came back to run big again in the Preakness, missing by a half-length at the wire simply because he ran out of ground.

So here we have a horse who is obviously thriving at the moment, something that coincides with both dirt surfaces, and also his two longest career races. He figures to be closer up in the Belmont due top the slower pace, something that will more closelt resemble his big Derby win (and also maybe the Spiral @ Turfway) rather than the Preakness, so that's good too i think.

Another i'll be looking at pretty closely in the weeks ahead is Master of Hounds (5th in the Derby). I'm sure we'll be talking about him later.

AK was dead last at Turfway in the Spiral, he weaved his way through the traffic and won, almost like he did in Preakness.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I know he was well back early, but he approached pretty rapidly nearing the turn, and wasn't more than a couple of lengths behind the leader at that point, if i remember correctly. That's one of the things that turned me onto him i that race, his acceleration. I thought he and Archarcharch were somewhat similar in that respect.
    edited May 2011
    I know he was well back early, but he approached pretty rapidly nearing the turn, and wasn't more than a couple of lengths behind the leader at that point, if i remember correctly. That's one of the things that turned me onto him i that race, his acceleration. I thought he and Archarcharch were somewhat similar in that respect.

I agree, he wasn't 18 lengths like the Preakness.