Churchill Thursday--2yo Race 6-Backside Info!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 6
2yo mdn 5 furlongs

1/1a ATLANTIC TITAN/BONAPARTE 7/2

Bernie Flint trains both for Stoneway Farm. Calvin is named on both so one may sct, or a new jock wii be announced later. Either way, doesn't matter. Both have been working together at CD and turning heads. The #1 showed more speed a month ago but the 1a has really gotten the message as of late. My friend in Louisville is watering at the mouth in anticipation of a good payoff. 5/2 seems about right to me but who knows. Track will be muddy so play these at your own peril. Either one of these babies is ready for a big effort 1st out.

The #4 GREEN MOUSE, 6-1, and the #6 GOSPEL HOUR, 10-1, both have one previous start, showed little, but are expected to vastly improve in 2nd start.

#7 SABERCAT, 4-1, is bred to win early and often. Assman trained firster could blow these away on bloodlines alone. Works are pretty good and definitely a player in here today. 5 furlongs may be a little short so will play this one underneath.

WIN/PLACE 1/1a (will be a sizeable play for me)

exacta and tri key 1/1a---4/6/7

GOOD LUCK TODAY!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    1a BONAPARTE is out sct.

#1 ATLANTIC TITAN is a logical choice to run based on works and mud pedigree. Looks like I'm taking the rubber off my BR! Good luck to all who get on board!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm on the same horse with you and also book Lockout that was scratched in this race for next out.

fb
    edited May 2011
    FB

My buddy in Louisville said that McPeek was always going to sct his 2yo if it came up an off-track, but that he also didn't want anything to do with Flint's entry. Let's hope to hell Calvin doesn't screw this up. Got too much riding on this one to get some bullshit ride from Calvin where he stays on the rail instead of getting the horse positioned for a clean trip down the stretch. Take a look at the #5 in the first. 2yo fillie firster gets Julian Leparoux and my buddy thinks it is a very good wager, although short priced no doubt.
    edited May 2011
    Got confused when said McPeek, meant to say Casse. McPeek thinks his horse is very short in here today and will take an effort he does not expect to defeat Atlantic Titan.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    John---taking Yours With The Assmans Horses...7 And 2

Assmans In Race 9---#6..'Sea Gaze'...should Be Good After A Layoff....likes The Track And The Wet Figures....
    edited May 2011
    Assman's #2 in the 6th is sct. Would have been a major player!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks....that's What I Get For Not Staying Up On Scratches...though I Liked The # 7 Better.....too Much Work On Belmont And Hollywood cards........
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I liked the McPeek in here. He really put himself in a hole with the slow break though.
    edited May 2011
    Yeah,

THAT ONE LEFT A MARK!