Look Ahead to Sunday Plays

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I will offer more analysis tomorrow, but for now here are a few to keep in mind for Sunday.

Belmont 10th
#3 GYPSY PREACHER,
I think will be short, 7/2 or so, but word is this one is primed for best.
3--4/5/8/9/10 notwithstanding sct.

Churchill 7th
#5 THE UNDERLING( ml is 3-1 but I expect it to get up to around 9/2 at post.) This was one serious 3yo who went through the usual and has come back to work like a woman scorned. Based upon info I'm getting from my CD buddy, this will be a major play for me tomorrow. I need help on the ones to play underneath. Please advise.

Churchill 8th
#8 KING'S COMMAND, 4-1
Tough race, but this one is owned by some of the biggest in the biz, "To Big To Fail!"
8---2/4/5

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Belmont 10th
    #3 GYPSY PREACHER, 5/2
    Lightly raced 3yo fillie didn't run a step in her first. Got bumped and fell back in her 2nd start, but came on well late to run a better than looks on paper race against much better. George Weaver thinks she is ready to break through and the connections want to get a payday, so the drop to $25k clm is by design, as she is much better than clm $25k. We won't get a Shackelford unit sized payoff here, but you're return is relative to what you risk and this strapping gray daughter of Tapit looks like she has a very good chance to say goodbye to the clm ranks today.

Churchill 7th
    THE UNDERLING, 3-1
    Big time breeding, was having a nice 3yo campaign with graded stakes in mind when she developed bone chips. The usual 200+ days off followed, but she has come back with eye-catching works over the CD surface. Owner/Breeder Al Campbell has his homebred in the capable hands of local guru trainer Rusty Arnold, who btw is very much an old school trainer and not known for blistering works, so this one is out-running the exercise rider. As I said hereinabove, I think we will get close to 9/2 at post time because of the Assman entry of SIMPLE WORDS, who is also coming back from problems but placed in a good race last year at Monmouth.
    My friend in Louisville is as high as a fucking kite on this one and I will play her accordingly. I kind of like the 1/3/4 underneath, but my main play is WIN!

Churchill 8th
    KING'S COMMAND, 4-1

"TOO BIG TO FAIL'

Regal homebred from Woodford Stables, who sold a one-half interest to Westrock Stable ( Joe & Scott Ford) for an undisclosed price. The Ford family has jumped into this business in a big way after being involved for many years as a partner in many DOGWOOD STABLE horses. They can afford it as they are multi-billionaries courtesy of Verizon, Inc.

Son of Empire Maker was turned over to Neil Howard for careful handling, and he has been damned careful with his handling so far. He came up a little short in his first going one mile. In his next out going 1 1/8 he came up a little short again against a very good one. Today he tries to get the job done going 1 1/16. and this distance should be perfect. On paper, this is a tough race, but Neil Howard is expecting a huge effort today and plans on using this race as a springboard to the lucrative summer stakes races at Saratoga.

#8 win/place
    exotics 8--2/4/5

LATE PICK-4

7th---5
    8th---4-8
    9th---1-3-4
    10th---1-5-6-8-11

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Gl gonna play 2 doubles with your horse in the last.

9th Race: #2 Piazza Di Spagna and #4 Banrock
    edited May 2011
    If your late double at Belmont doesn't hit I'll give Shackelford a blo
    , well never mind. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't get there. Good luck today on your pix! I hope you hit that all elusive 10 in a row!
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    i'm playing the underling over the 1,3 big and reversing it for smaller units. also playing the 7,2 in the show spot of the trifecta
    edited May 2011
    oh baby... we just crushed it!!!!!! ex and tri!! thanks for the heads up on the underling
    edited May 2011
    50 cent tri paid 83 and the exacta 60.20... i wont disclose how many times i had both. lol you the man greenhaw. hope someone saw my underneath picks with 7 mtp. i owe you a brew JG
    edited May 2011
    Just for you, King!

For everyone else:

Prizes
    edited May 2011
    Don't hit that url above, it was a mistake!

I was trying to be cute and list my new site
    isellpiks.bull.shit.com

We couldn't get anything to run behind King's Command in the 8th at CD. Still, we got $9.20 and $4.80. On to Belmont 10th, go Gypsy Preacher go!
    edited May 2011
    Also still alive in the late pick 4 at CD. We need alot of racing luck in these next two!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    As always nice capping and great info.

FB
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    If your late double at Belmont doesn't hit I'll give Shackelford a blo
    , well never mind. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't get there. Good luck today on your pix! I hope you hit that all elusive 10 in a row!

I heard Dale Romans wants to dress up in bondage gear and watch...

THANK YOU for the winners today, and usually lol.

Here's my late Belmont double.
    Kinda a pussy bet....

BEL #9 $15 Double 2,3,4,6,​WT,3,9,10 none $ 180.00
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    Alive and well!...I went a bit deeper in race 9 than you which was unneccessary, but great call's on 7-8 and a great hit....much appreciated!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    worst trip ever.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Way to go on The Underling!
    edited May 2011
    NO SHIT!
    castellano yanks her inside then outside then gets checked and goes inside/outside again. She finally gets room and sticks a head up to get 2nd. Tough fucking beat. I think some nag in front of her drifted out badly and caused Javier to take to the inside about the time he was committing to go outside for clear sailing.

On a much happier note, the late pick 4 at CD came back $1,304.80. Keep those IRS 1099-G Forms coming!
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited May 2011
    had a $5 pick 3 riding on #3 in the 10th and that was the worst ride of the meet. Clearly the best horse and had he taken him wide early he wins going away. Oh well only $400 wasted by the jockey....blsht ride.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    JC thanks for the info,buuuuttt in order for you to be real good you need to hit 10 in a row like ISELLPICS so you have 9 to go.

JC im pulling your leg very nicely done.Like always thanks.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    If I lose 10 in a row will you still make good on the shack bet Mike?