Enter in stable alert immediately!

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Watching races today May has been a brutal month,for those who have some time go look at the replay of the 5th race at Churchill-The winner Redboard was huge and ran 3 times mkore then any horse in the field.Follow closely that was a huge effort.Watch the turns.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for posting. Nice run by this guy for sure, and he definitely blew the first turn, but i thought the announcer was exaggerating how wide he was on the backstretch. He also appeared to handle the second turn okay, though he definitely was a little wide due to his outside position. What i noticed more than anything (aside from the incident on the first turn) was that he was pulling away late despite racing on the wrong lead. I'm in total agreement that he has some room for improvement.

Btw, this obsure trainer (Garry Simms) is quite the story right now. When i gave out his runner Amazing Alexa yesterday, he had only started 9 horses all year, but was somehow 2-for-6 at the meet. I did a little digging on him, and found that the guy is extremely ill, having had TWO bone-marrow transfusions within the last 90 days. That is insane. One of my mom's friends had leukemia some years back, and died shortly after a bone-marrow transfusion. I have to think that an assistant is training the horses, obviously, but whoever it is is doing wonders right now.

Anyway, here's the replay. Redboard is the #1 horse.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/CD/2011/5/29/5/race-5