Top Play For 6/1/2011

turfmanturfman Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Delaware Park.....race 1.....childhood Memories

Good Luck And Good Racing!!!!!

Comments

• tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    IMO, this is the kind of horse you're supposed to play against. Will be low odds, either the chalk or strong 2nd choice (8:5 with 23 minutes to post) and she HUNG like a rat with an absolutely perfect setup last out. Of course, most of the field is, arguably, distance challenged, barely able to get 5.5F, let alone the 6F today.

I see it this way:

The 7, She's a Pistol, is improving but probably can't win going 6F. Moreover, she's too short, @ 5:1 presently, for a win bet.
    The 4, Tequila Ridge, has a better chance of getting 6F and is the better option of these two @ 14:1. I'll bet her to win @ >= 15:1.

But the 5, Broadway Dreamer, is supposed to be better than these.

TRI: 5 over 2,4,7. also: exacta: 5/4

Good Luck
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Damned Good Analysis!

Post more often!

Good Luck!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    The #7 was listed at 12/1 ml and now is 9/2 with 7 min. to post. That is the reason why the 5 is up in price from the 9/5 ml.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    "is supposed to be better than these" isn't really sound handicapping. (Although, I too have tried that angle before.)
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Congrats to DIRTYSHIRT,
    after 3 years you finally made it to Senior Member status.
    As a special gift to you on this hallowed occasion, I'm sending you a very personalized photograph of Dale Romans. In the photo, I can't quite make out what the red ball on the belt is but you may know. ENJOY!
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    1 for 20 with SEVEN 2nds and 4:5 on the tote.

I don't have a problem losing when I bet against horses like this (in the win slot).

Moreover, I'll try to provide a more thorough analysis from now on.:sad:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Congrats to DIRTYSHIRT,
    after 3 years you finally made it to Senior Member status.
    As a special gift to you on this hallowed occasion, I'm sending you a very personalized photograph of Dale Romans. In the photo, I can't quite make out what the red ball on the belt is but you may know. ENJOY!

Thank you. There's been a lot of quality to my posts too; rants about stewards, and jokes about horse sex.

Tons of great info here, thank you everyone.