Will Weaver Win The Late Double At Belmont Today

randyfrandyf Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I Hope So

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Randy....I Think There's Too Much Spd In R8 For The #4 Of Weaver's....like The 5,1,3 There In R8....
    R9----has A Good Chance....with His #2....using The 6, And 4 There....6,2,4 Should Be Top 3.....
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    OK
    I'm NOT DONE!

Race 8
    OC $50k 3 yo & up 1 1/16 Inner Turf

Word from George is that #4 ROGUE VICTORY, 3-1, is hooked tough. He is kind of the steady plodder type who will always give you his best but really does not have the acceleration and late kick necessary to justify 3-1 odds in here today. The barn sees it this way:

#1 ALFARABI, 5/2
    speedy type does not like getting bumped . Coming out of the one hole on this screwey turf course guarantees he will either get murdered or will run off and make an early lead, and pay for it at the end. Either way, it will cost him and makes him a play underneath. However, Javier takes the mount over Rogue Victory and he certainly is a great equalizer.

#6 DOMINANT JEANNES, 8-1
    West Point horse will show speed from the outside and will probably end up in a speed battle with #1 Alfarabi. He might be able to hold on for minor rewards.

#5 COLONIALISM, 2-1
    Top Player! Juddmonte homeboy out of Empire Maker closes like a freight train. The aforementioned speed battle up front plays right into his strengths. George believes this one is a standout with the way this race is expected to evolve.

Based on this, I like a tri key 5---1/4/6
    and a win/place on #5

Race 9
    Alw $43k n1x F & M 3 & up 1 1/16 widener turf N.Y. Bred

George sends out # 2 VICTORYAT LAST, 5/2, He likes her chances but is scared of the #4 NURSE DOLCE, 3-1.

These two met last time out and VAL got the best of Nurse Dolce by a very thin margin. Weaver is quick to point out that Nurse had a troubled trip and was coming on late. A cleaner trip today and Nurse Dolce may have things her way.

Moreover, VAL is a 3yo running against older fillies. I have seen this a million times, both in the pasture and on the track, but that domination of the heard mentality always seems to come through. Don't ask me how these beautiful animals know, THEY JUST KNOW!

Nevertheless, I like a trifecta play 2/4---2/4---5/6

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY!
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank You Again Jf
    edited June 2011
    John----It's Almost Scary....We Think Alot On R8/R9........

Race 8....the Only Thing I'm Scared On #5..'Colonialism' Is The Workouts Since Last Race...like The Breeding.....hopefully Last Hasn't Taken Alot Out Of The Colt.....Weaver Has The Only Tag Here....Not Worth ..$50,000

See Ya 'all At The Windows......
    edited June 2011
    husker70 wrote: »
    John----It's Almost Scary....We Think Alot On R8/R9........

Race 8....the Only Thing I'm Scared On #5..'Colonialism' Is The Workouts Since Last Race...like The Breeding.....hopefully Last Hasn't Taken Alot Out Of The Colt.....Weaver Has The Only Tag Here....Not Worth ..$50,000

See Ya 'all At The Windows......

THAT'S HORSE RACING...TOUGH DAY TO FIGURE.....JAVIER...CONGRATS ON A GREAT DAY....